Dream Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrads on the job. My only sugestion is dont get caught up on who you are working for. A job is a job. Hear in So. Cal. its normal to work for movie people, Celeberties, & such. (a tree job is a tree job )

Find out early on what their idea of "good" is. Hopefully it is the same as yours.

Louie Hampton

Congrats. If price isn't important, quality is. Jobs like that are good because you know you will meet your man hour targets without penalty because you can just bill more. I have had a few of these jobs for the jet-set before and we just did a really good job focusing on the details and billed them for it. It is also good to go ahead and bill them a few extra hours for any storm damage you may have this season. That way you can come out there and take care of them free of charge (but yet not free) in those emergencies. They will be happy. Just remember that there is a fine line between charging what is fair and taking advantage of somebody. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

I would like to know how you landed this job. The jobs I have had for the jet-set (Dell) came in from landscape architects. People with that kind of cash usually don't call a tree service themselves. They have their assistant or house manager call their landscape architect who then calls landscapers, tree changos, etc. I would really like to know how you landed this client. My big kick right now is targeting select clients to optimize profit margins. The Yellow Pages suck unless you just want to drive around all day giving bids knowing that the only reason you got them was because you were the cheapest. By targeting groups like this, I have been making 10% less money but have been working 50% less. My time is very important. Sorry I digressed a bit. Your input would be appreciated though.

Nate

Heute ist mein geburstag!!

Hey Nate,

Off the topic, but Happy Birthday. I won't even try to reply in German as that was over 10 years ago and it took me 4 semesters to pass two semesters of German. :D Have a beer for me! I can read it pretty good but it doen't like to come out the other direction.

Thanks for the info. Proves the point that the yellow pages are a waste. Best jobs come from connections, networking, and references.

Good Luck!

Back