Drive rims on 359 and 575

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh245

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Help!
Do the drive rims on the 359 and the 575 use the small or large drive splined rims? Thanks
Rob

I heard Stihl is or has gone to all large. Local dealer told me that the next sprocket I buy for the 360pro will be large. No more small comming.
I like the idea of everything being the same size myself. Just keep one diameter stock on hand.
-Ralph

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about changing the 359 of mine over to a .325 pitch chain. I was thinking that a narrow kerf setup on a 20 inch chain. Any ideas?
thanks

HiOctane said:
359 is large also.
The answer is either - or, I think.

I looked up a couple of IPL's and as I suspected they listed .325x7 rims along with 3/8x7.
As .325x7 rims is not compatible with the large spline (nor is the .325x8 by the way), I think the small spline is standard.
However, I know that they have been sold with large splines as well.....:confused:

My MS361 has the large spline, and rim options are listed as 3/8x7, 3/8x8 and .325x9.

rahtreelimbs said:
My EHP359 is large spline and the EHP361 is small spline. No doubt the 575 is the large spline. Take the rim off of the 359 and compare the two, that will tell you!

Thanks,
That is just what I will do.
Rob

Back