Drum or disk 10-14" chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just bought a 07 bandit 255xp with a winch and 140 hp cat 240 hrs.. said goodbye to my old 150 gas powered. did a job with the 255 yesterday, chipped everything except the logs i am going to sell to the mill. today i was pulling into a narrow driveway and dropped half the thing into a 4ft. culvert high centered up to the axle. took two hours and a lot of winching to get it out. end up busting a running light and bending a fender. almost told client i could not do the job. man i wanted to puke. anyway i could not find a whole lot of reviews on the 255. i guess it is just like the 254, only with 15 in. feed cap. anyway i really like it. except for the bent fender.

Last edited:
if its nice straight wood, the disc will be awesomely fast, where a drum will feed nasty bent forked crap easier,

a friend has a old bandit 1700 with a 325 hp cat and it eats straight stuff scarily fast but you cant put stuff in thats to twisted with out cutting it.

another contractor here as a 20inch drum chipper, its slower in general but when you see it devour a whole pohutukawa tree with no cutting its a sight to behold.

For what its worth,,, ive ran only brushbandit the past 15 years,,, right now i own 250 xp 130hp cat auto feed,,,, cats ass man,,, i love that chipper,,, we do a lot of trimming but when we do a take down,,, game over,,,, ,, sharp blades,, anvil kicking,,, that chipper chomps the wood and brush mean machine and im proud of her. wash her everyday.

Latest posts

Back