Duckbill placement into Craftsman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trouts2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The saw is a Craftsman 358.352161
The question is about where the duckbill and plug go. In the drawing they are numbers 62 and 63 a bit right of center in the picture. It looks like they plug into the frame above the oil tank. I'm not sure what exactly to take off to get to that spot. What is taken off to get access to where the line is indicating? The second question is do you just insert the duckbill and push in the plug?

nBs0seqI94BOKl7sdfm78FwoiSX_OYiUdN8LW9hqfgg

Lousy picture but the only shot I have that shows it - it is under the porous brass plug behind the ignition module:
OilTankVent.jpg

This the oil tank vent though. The fuel tank vent is in the cap. Removing those brass plugs is destructive. I drill a small hole and use a screw or pick of some sort to yank them.

I have drilled a very small centered hole and blown them clear with brake clean, and then sealed up just the center hole with a small dab of Yamabond. It worked.

Chris-PA,

It is a great picture to me. The plug location and what has to be taken off to get at it has puzzled me for a long time. Getting to the plug should be easy.

Thank you.

Back