Identification of part found in bar oil reservoir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trouts2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Saw, Craftsman 33cc 16 inch 358.352161

Below are pictures of something that fell out of my bar oil tank when being emptied. From the exploded view I think it is the tank check valve (duck bill ?). The exploded view shows a plug I think goes behind it i.e. check valve then plug to hold it in place. Is that correct? If it is the check valve what do I have to take apart to get in there? Does the valve just get pushed into a hole then the plug pushed in to hold the valve in place or is there more?

21617681_10155808504302164_2470596443930834449_n.jpg

21687848_10155808504687164_4616932735879272038_n.jpg

yea that's the little check valve. mines come out also and doesn't want to stay in there either. ive bent all the little fingers straight to get better grip, but I think mines just shot. I believe theyre just held onto the inside of the caps with pressure from those fingers.

Is that one extra tab keyed to any particular detail of the cap?
IF so, could make things more likely to fall out when the retainer is not located to suit it.

An old telescoping antenna from a portable radio.
After unscrewing the ball on the end, and slide the sections out the bottom of the next larger ones.
There's a set of brass tabs/friction wings that prevent the smaller section from pulling out of the next larger section in the normal extension pull up.
By pushing the section "backwards" out the bottom of the larger one
you don't catch those tabs and just slide the sections apart.

Usually provided about 5 sizes of tubes for things like this.

The tubes were also handy for getting the metal connectors out of "Molex" style connectors or similar ones where they had a springy tab that latched into the hole.
Find one that just fits over the connector and push it over the metal connector to press the retaining tabs in, then while keeping the tube on the connector, against the plastic block, pull the wire out of the connector block.
Oh and It gets easier on the second try!

Back