Husqvarna 350 blowing bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving a couple more away, just listed:lol:.
I can call you around the site like a puppy dog to, that's kinda fun, watch and be freaked out:cheers:.
Cool..have to go check it out.
Most people don't want me on their sales thread. I've been snapped over the snout a few time with a newspaper.
I found out free speech was only for nice people that say nice things:rolleyes:
*Smiles*

I'm going to give it one more try tomorrow. Drain the tank again and clean everything up with acetone again. The spot that's bad is near where the ground strap is located. So, the only option is to cut some of the material out of the way and hope that I can get to the seam to "weld" it up. Everything else is holding so far. It ain't pretty, but I bet I could give Walt on afleetcommand a run for his money on fugly saws, if it works! LOL

I'd love to find a 346 case (I think that's the mag case, that's a replacement) for it.

I've got a lead on a case, if anyone hears of another let me know.

thanks, Ken

I'm going to give it one more try tomorrow. Drain the tank again and clean everything up with acetone again. The spot that's bad is near where the ground strap is located. So, the only option is to cut some of the material out of the way and hope that I can get to the seam to "weld" it up. Everything else is holding so far. It ain't pretty, but I bet I could give Walt on afleetcommand a run for his money on fugly saws, if it works! LOL

I'd love to find a 346 case (I think that's the mag case, that's a replacement) for it.

I've got a lead on a case, if anyone hears of another let me know.

thanks, Ken
Buy it.
But I'm not sure the timing will all be the same.

Thanks Steve. I was just on the Huztl site looking for a 346 case, but they don't have one. Didn't think to look for a 350. I did throw a cylinder and piston in the cart for the 570 I'm rebuilding though. I wish shipping wasn't so high, I would have ordered one of the 372 kits months ago. Need to check and see if I can find a piston for the 570 cheaper than the piston/cylinder combo from Huztl.
The cylinder has some Al transfer on it, but I think I can clean it up no problem. Not sure about the piston, it's a little scored.

I've got some stuff that would probably seal it. But the area needing sealed is between the 2 sections, impossible to get to unless you can disassemble the sections.

Tomorrow, I'm going to clean it up, and try to grind out enough clearance to "weld" it together. It worked well with the top and bottom sections. Only have about .050" gap between them to get in there and try to weld it. So it gets the pencil grinder tomorrow to open it up. If you zoom in on the pictures in the link that s sidewall posted you'll see how the front and top are welded in the bottom picture. Then go back up to the top picture, and where the ground strap fits into the rectangular hole, that entire 1.5" seam running vertically is leaking about 1/8" back inside the case.

Stay away from the Chinese crap. Just buy a good used chassis off eBay or post a want add in the Tradin Post here.

Funny you should say that. I recently went to my Husqvarna dealer and ordered a clutch side plate for a 450 that someone gave me that was missing a chain, bar, and side plate. Paid Husqvarna $$$ for a Husqvarna labeled sideplate that had a "Made in China" sticker on the side of it. Could have ordered it myself and got it delivered in the same amount of time and saved half the money or more.... Just saying, there's more parts being "Made in China" than folks want to admit.

I would recommend devcon structural epoxy over jb weld. It's better suited for the temperature extremes and oil emersion. Or something like fusor plastic panel adhesive. Both work extremely well. The fusor can be had at any auto body supply house. The reason it may work well is the mixing tip is 4-5 in long and can really get into hard to reach places.

Anyway just a couple of options to think about. Carry on.

Steven

It's torn all the way down to this.
https://www.huztl.net/Crankcase-Eng...ainsaw-Oil-Tank-OEM-537-17-20-03-p229022.html

I had to grind a section out and try to weld it together today. I didn't start until late and finished after dark. I'll try to post some pics in the morning. Uglier than sin, and way deeper than too the bone. But if it works, who cares about pretty. It's a chainsaw, I'm not taking it to a dance...

I've done a lot of repairs with JB weld that will hold up to the oil and high heat, the key is to use the original formula that takes a minimum of 24 hrs to set up. An easy way to pinpoint the leak is by pressurizing the tank by using an old cap drilled to install connection for attatchment of a hose for that purpose, search the suspected are with soapy water. Used 350 crankcases on fleabay run in the $35 dollar range+ delivery.

Here's a couple of pictures of the welded case. I used an electronics hot air gun that's actually used for soldering electronic chips, set at 280*. Took a while to heat up and as you can see impossible to clean all the oil up.1106171044.jpg 1106171041.jpg

Now to see if she leaks or ?

I just checked it, it sealed where I welded it, but has started leaking in a few other places due to the heating I guess. Not worth the aggrevaton of chasing the leaks and time wasted now. Hopefully someone else will learn not to try this method. A sealant would have to be water like consistancy to penetrate behind the lip to seal where it was leaking.

If you don't have one I'll just order the Huztl. Thanks for the offer I'll PM you.
Let me check tonight after work. I may have a case. It's yours if I do. Not worth dicking with the one you have. It has lost it's structural integrity in my opinion.

Steven

Back