Dump free pick up trash finds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up an Echo SRM225 string trimmer as a guy was putting it to the curb. He said it leaks gas like crazy. New fuel line, filter and tank grommet($15 @ home depot) and I use it every other time on my lawn or when I need to use a whacker a little harder than intended. Starts on 1 pull no choke every time!

Picked up an Echo SRM225 string trimmer as a guy was putting it to the curb. He said it leaks gas like crazy. New fuel line, filter and tank grommet($15 @ home depot) and I use it every other time on my lawn or when I need to use a whacker a little harder than intended. Starts on 1 pull no choke every time!

I had something similar @ transfer station. Fellow brought in a Craftsman heavy duty trimmer with same complaint. Leaked gas all over garage floor. After he left I got to looking at it and it just looked weird. Finally it hit me.....engine and cutter were opposite each other so gas cap was on bottom . Called my friend that asked me to keep an eye open for one for his SIL. He got it home and rotated power head to correct position and it's been trouble free since. That was 3 years ago.

Sorry ML12, I dont know. I'm still trying to figure out the raker height issue myself. I haven't milled with my 090's but they fall and buck just fine with out of the box .404 chisel. I would think milling chain would be even harder to pull so setting rakers would require experience with the particular saw and bar length. My geardrive Homelites have 1/2 inch chain which seems fine. I guess I need to try stock .404 chisel with them and see if they mimic the Mac's.

Sorry ML12, I dont know. I'm still trying to figure out the raker height issue myself. I haven't milled with my 090's but they fall and buck just fine with out of the box .404 chisel. I would think milling chain would be even harder to pull so setting rakers would require experience with the particular saw and bar length. My geardrive Homelites have 1/2 inch chain which seems fine. I guess I need to try stock .404 chisel with them and see if they mimic the Mac's.
I've played around quite a bit with various amounts of hook in the cutters and raker depths on the milling saw, we were only running a 3ft bar on the 090 so that likely explains some of it.

I have a mac gear drive that is running 9/16" chain and it seems to like the rakers down too, can't remember how far they are though.... that's on a 30" bar.

I assume you are running the .404 on something like an 895? I imagine that thing would have endless pull.

I'm ran new .404 stock raker height full skip chisel with a 60" on the 895 and 72" on the 797g. Both saws behaved identically. Plenty of power and no clutch slip. just not impressive with neither clearing the chips out very well. They clear chips just fine with a 36" bar. I have no idea on dropping the rakers. A guess would be between .030 and .050.

The only thing I've saved was a FS-130. It needed a new bike handle and the little string cutter on the deflector and that was it. I took it home and put in fresh fuel and it started right up.

I also saw a David Bradley saw at a different dump but the worker wouldn't let me take it.

Back