Dumpable sawbuck/crib

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Having 6 cords of split wood to shorten for a different stove, I built the little firewood chop saw shown elsewhere in this forum. BlueRidgeMark said it would do the trick but would be slow and why didn't I build an oversize sawbuck to cut a bunch at once. I said yes that would be faster sawing, but extra stacking and loading would be involved that way, because after sawing I throw them in the loader bucket and dump them right on the porch. But that got me to thinking and here's what I came up with;
A crib made out of an old pallet chained on the loader forks where I can stack them out of the pile, saw about 1/3 cord at a time and dump them on the porch.
My bar is 18" so I made it 34" wide so by cutting from both sides, I go all the way through.
The guide boards are an inch short of the length I need..
After loading I just throw a chain and binder around it to hold everything tight and a couple minutes sawing on each side and it's ready for the porch.
This rig could be adapted to any loader or redesigned for 3 pt hitch.
I suppose if you don't have a tractor, You could even do it to my little wood cart.
Smiley

good idea. i just hope i never have to cut my firewod twice. it's enough work doing it the first time.

Hey! I like it! If a suggestion of mine spawns a better idea, I'm happy! :cheers:

If I had a loader I'd copy you!

Back