Eastern KS GTG: Pinwheel Cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lumberjackchef, carver extraordinaire.
attachment.php

Fixing the raffle saw.
attachment.php

Redlegs, eat your heart out.
attachment.php

The master at work.
attachment.php

Wkendlumberjack gives his seal of approval to the smoked lamb chops. Fresh from Natalya's farm.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Big likes it, too.
attachment.php

A better view.
attachment.php

Tim, a volunteer on the farm, gets his first taste of teacherman's 460.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

He is now hooked on saws! Wonder what his AS username will be......he cut cookies for hours. :rock:

Wayne and I had a great time today, Thanks to warjohn for cookin' and teacherman for the prep work, and everything else before, during and after! supercabs has put on some miles coming to these things! Incredible! Lumberjackchef put on quite a show today. Did the carving, tore down and put back together the door prize saw, got his old pioneer up and running and on and on, awesome dude! wkends saws were very impressive, that Efco really barks! Just thanks to all really for a good time!

Last edited:
Road building. Natalya, our host(ess) and Wayne worked tirelessly, making use of our byproduct.
attachment.php

attachment.php

This sweet old girl in the foreground managed the sheep for over a decade. Used to be rather jumpy, but now the saws running ten feet away didn't bother her a bit. Her name is "Toss."
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm eating my heart out as I check them out. Looks like an all-around good time. I'm sorry that I missed it.:cry:
Looks like a pretty awe-inspiring group of saws............AND food! Good to see that Bruce kept a Homelite presence at the GTG.:rock:

Hmmmmmmmm black dirt and no rocks.:jawdrop: Haven't seen much of that since I left North Missouri. People around here pay a lot of money to have that hauled in to cover their red dirt and limestone.

Oh yeah. Wayne, I've got about 3 cord of wood left to split and stack out back (hint,hint,hint). I wouldn't be surprised if I heard a knock on my door tomorrow.

Keep the pics coming!:bowdown:

Here is the sign.

4549430589_cb5d5cf18f.jpg

Here is the link to all the pics at the bottom it goes back four pages to see them all.

Big and his little saw it looked like it was a blast to run.
4549863772_78ff0669d8.jpg

MS460 and a sharp chain.
4549423927_7e08197f88.jpg

Teacherman was asking who was les's brother Stilveado so here is an old pic.
4431638133_d217f78abd.jpg

Last edited:
After using this great little file guide courtesy of wkendlumberjak, teacherman's DP 460 turned in some rather impressive times of between 8 and 13 seconds. A sharp chain makes a difference.
Supercabs demonstrates that impressive photojournalism can involve eating a sea of wood chips. Here he is obtaining the great pic he posted a bit earlier.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Let's try this again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

She's already one-handing the little 009! She'll get the hang of it. This particular saw automatically adjusts the high side, as it only has the idle level and idle mixture screw. Sounds right, both in and out of the cut. I think it would be a good starter saw for her. She has a little electric Craftsman she uses for small stuff around the farm.
attachment.php

Last edited:
On the road again........

Here is the fruit of our labors. In addition to some good fun and hanging out time, there was a purpose to this endeavor. Looks pretty cool. Be interesting to see how it does over time.
attachment.php

Using chips to fill in between the rounds.
attachment.php

One hardworking lady.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back