Eastern states...You okay???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being prepared really helps, problem is with natural disasters, allot of people just sit back and wait for help, before trying to help themselves.

Because of all of the hype before a big storm and all of the times that the hyped storm fizzles out many people don't think it will be as bad as it sometimes turns out.

Because of all of the hype before a big storm and all of the times that the hyped storm fizzles out many people don't think it will be as bad as it sometimes turns out.

I suppose, but they should be prepared regardless. Not only that, its when it happens, too many people just sit back and wait for the government to help them. Good to see there are people out there like the OP, that is trying his best to help himself and others.

Out here on the West Coast, we get battered by storms every year, not usually the intensity of this storm for you guys, but bad enough, to snap trees and cause large power outages, I'm lucky I live in an area where we don't get too many outages, but 10 mins away where there are much more trees, it happens every year, friend went without power for a week, and so did my inlaws. The people that live on the Gulf Islands around here its much much worse for them. But I guess when its something your used to its just another part of life, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to down play this storm at all, I really feel for you guys, hope everyone is back on their feet soon, and back to normal life.

And they'll all be voting for Obama on Tuesday! Was that my outside voice?:D

Oh man don't get me started on that. Obama did nothing for us, but they'll still vote for him. If it wasn't for Gov. Christie leaning so hard on our senators last week, we'd still be out of resources.

Not trying to start a political thing at all.........just telling it like it is. Pure fact. Obama showed up here 2 days after the storm, then flew out and went back on his campaign trail. Thanks, bud.....preciate it.

Saw an article today that Red Cross got together with a certain baby/kids clothing company and started sending clothes to support the effort. Where the hell were they Friday night when I was wrapping the twins in MY bed comforter as an extra layer for them?!?! The local stores didn't have power for me to buy anything for them. And a little late, no? Need support within days, not a week.

Anyway, my neighbor just called my cell phone and said we have power back as of 1200 today. I'm still an hour from home, with family to evade the 30-degree temps last night. So I'm heading back up tonight to survey the carnage inside my fridge and camp coolers UGH :( We bugged out without even cleaning them - I had no energy left.

Hang in there Mike. I'd love to be there and help you guys out!

Thanks man. We really could've used some more experienced sawmen here. I did my best, and learned alot/gained value exp, but the right guys here could've sped up the process big time.

It would have been nice if the guard would have flown out saw crews from the PNW instead of power utility trucks from California. We didn't need more utility workers. There were parking lots full of 50 trucks, 2 electricians each, waiting to get to work for HOURS. Why? The saw crews couldn't free the wires fast enough b/c they're not used to this kind of mess and they were just plain over-run.

No all caps would have ben your outside voice. I hope this wakes some people up. Between this and the embassy:msp_angry::msp_angry: mistake. I know wrong forum.

The embassy...........GRRRRRRRRRRRR snarl growl foam and drool

And they'll all be voting for Obama on Tuesday! Was that my outside voice?:D

Ya, sad unfortunately. I certainly hope for everyone's sake he doesn't get back in.

Thanks man. We really could've used some more experienced sawmen here. I did my best, and learned alot/gained value exp, but the right guys here could've sped up the process big time.

It would have been nice if the guard would have flown out saw crews from the PNW instead of power utility trucks from California. We didn't need more utility workers. There were parking lots full of 50 trucks, 2 electricians each, waiting to get to work for HOURS. Why? The saw crews couldn't free the wires fast enough b/c they're not used to this kind of mess and they were just plain over-run.

Yes lots of saws helps. We've had areas on the coast destroyed at times, like a bomb went off and just flattened huge areas of trees, out here everyone and their dog has saws, unfortunately not everyone know how to use them properly in wind blown down areas, can be very dangerous. This get cleaned up pretty quickly around here.

Glad to hear you have power back!!

I want to throw some chips in a bad way. I've got a handful of hopped up saws and chains that will make your eyes bleed just from looking at them, they're all just sitting here waiting, poor guys...

I want to throw some chips in a bad way. I've got a handful of hopped up saws and chains that will make your eyes bleed just from looking at them, they're all just sitting here waiting, poor guys...

Ya, I bet you do, don't go doing anything that will jeopardize your recovery though, I'm sure you're wife will be all over ya if you try to!! LOL.

Hey Eastern members, just checking in and hoping your all out of harms way. And lastly, is there anything I can do to help? I know it sounds crazy, but if there is any I can do let me know.
Great post, hoping all our friends there are ok as well. Hope same of you to Jasha.

Just heard today that some power company crews from NH went to NJ to help them restore power. They were turned away because they're not union! :bang:

Here in NH we gladly accepted the crews that came down from Hydro Quebec to help us restore power. The union crap in NJ is just that.

Just heard today that some power company crews from NH went to NJ to help them restore power. They were turned away because they're not union! :bang:

Think NY was the same way... mentioned in another thread on here as well.... If they will refuse non-union workers coming to help, I wouldn't give them a dime for help that is just total BS. Not getting on a pro/anti union rant, just that in times of need it shouldn't matter.

dw

Back