Eastonmade Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A splitter that begs to be abused.
48418088_2331203937111000_5112478754169421824_n.jpg

If I rented my splitter out to people I didn’t know. I would open the relief pressure to 500lbs. Even though they can still cut there fingers off, they won’t break the wedge off.

That being said. I like the eastonmade splitters. I seen them in action at the Great Lakes logging expo. I talked to his wife about ordering wedges or log lifts to add to my splitter and was interested in the deal. I did make a 4 way for mine that slips on the wedge, and realized quickly it’s ideal for 12” diameter straight grained stuff. The bigger knotty stuff sucked. Way to much side strain by unequal forces on the side wedges. Needless to say. I like a 4way that will hydraulic out of the way and still be able to single wedge split. I split for home heating so 6x6 sized splits are ideal for me. I don’t need a 8 way to make toothpicks they sell outside the gas station. Although I like the way the box wedge worked.

No rental, Insurance company would not allow or cover equipment and even threatened to drop the policy. The issue was potential theft by deception, if a customer rented the equipment and never returned it, that is big issue in the Chicagoland area.

That doesn't make much sense - or else nobody would be renting anything out for fear of it being stolen.

So you did plan to rent it out until your insurance said no? Would that be your COMMERCIAL insurance policy?

I did look, watched hours of videos, unfortunately most where from the manufacturer. My own Attorney said Bryan don't waste your time, chalk it up as a lessoned learned. Next time you purchase equipment get referrals!

Not very often an attorney says don't bother. I've only seen that where there is no case to be had. I guess you decided not to take his advice.

I don't think referrals would have helped you any. Seems like there would be all kinds of good ones to be had for this equipment - then what, go after the referring parties when you break it?
I remember the incident you are referring to. Similar to say the least. The guy had a processor and cut the "uglies" out to run through a small conventional splitter he equipped with a bolt on 4 way that was labeled, "Not for hardwoods". (Even this cretin knew that running it through the high end processor would wreak havoc with this kind of abuse) The guy wrecked quite a few 4 ways and eventually the splitter. The forum sponsor bent over backwards for the guy but that was not good enough.

What doesn't make sense about the insurance? Insurance company will not cover any damage, theft or theft by deception, all insurance companies operate that way. I am not a big company, I have a few trailer and other pieces of equipment and can not afford any losses or damage or theft.
In regards to the Attorney, the few that I do know don't want to bother with a little company or dealing with a company outside of the U.S, have a few consults in the beginning of the year. One particular Attorney will file suit for a fee, which may be the best course of action.
Cretin, Incompetent, Lack of common sense, Minion. There is no reason why a new piece equipment should have issues within 45 hours. I don't have employees, I didn't rent it out, don't even let friends use it. The manufacturer can say whatever he likes, the manufacturer can promise the customer anything he wants. If the manufacturer doesn't follow through on anything he tells you and you continually wait, what then?

Judge Jason says Bryan is a rental yard looking for free equipment. “Gavel strikes” case closed
Again, I don't rent anything out, my current insurance provider will not allow it. I only have a few pieces of equipment, 5-6 pieced for wood processing and equipment for pickups. The necessary Insurance policy would be far to costly for only 5-6 pieces of rental equipment.

Again, I don't rent anything out, my current insurance provider will not allow it. I only have a few pieces of equipment, 5-6 pieced for wood processing and equipment for pickups. The necessary Insurance policy would be far to costly for only 5-6 pieces of rental equipment.

Then you may want to remove "Outdoor equipment rental" and the pic of the splitter from the "place you works for" has in their facebook ad. https://www.facebook.com/cheaperfir..._context_item_source=100001314630913&fref=tag

What doesn't make sense about the insurance? Insurance company will not cover any damage, theft or theft by deception, all insurance companies operate that way. I am not a big company, I have a few trailer and other pieces of equipment and can not afford any losses or damage or theft.
In regards to the Attorney, the few that I do know don't want to bother with a little company or dealing with a company outside of the U.S, have a few consults in the beginning of the year. One particular Attorney will file suit for a fee, which may be the best course of action.
Cretin, Incompetent, Lack of common sense, Minion. There is no reason why a new piece equipment should have issues within 45 hours. I don't have employees, I didn't rent it out, don't even let friends use it. The manufacturer can say whatever he likes, the manufacturer can promise the customer anything he wants. If the manufacturer doesn't follow through on anything he tells you and you continually wait, what then?

Its was 6 weeks from the time you informed me of problems to the time you started this. (This can be seen in the correspondence i have posted) In that time you expressed interest in getting it repaired locally (you were asking about materials) I assumed you had as I hadnt heard back from you in this time. You contacted me again (5 weeks from initial contact) and I proposed a viable and sensible solution. You refused and threatened me. You wanted me to send you a much larger machine AND a new conveyor (value of $32000) In return you would repair your machine, tell me whats wrong with it, and not slander/blackmail me. I declined.

Let me know if you actually want my help instead of bickering back and forth on a public forum.

Bryan, you’ve contradicted yourself several times in this tread. For instance on page 4 you said, and I quote “I will begin putting videos on YouTube of actual equipment being used by actual employees and results are far from satisfactory” Now you say you have no employees. If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s a liar. Be a man and admit your to blame for the damage. I also don’t believe you didn’t rent it out. I hope Andrew never has to deal with another ******* like you again. Next time you buy new equipment do yourself a favor and don’t abuse the piss out of it or let someone else do so.

I spent a fair amount of time googling up things in an honest & fair attempt to find how much other bad stuff was being said out there on the internets about these machines. I found absolutely nothing else. That doesn't mean of course that one of these hasn't ever had issues before, but in this day & age, if there were the serious flaws as being claimed by Mr. Dodge, I am sure I would have found something. Likely a whole bunch of something.

Where is the communication from september about a defective wedge? This was october 31st. The wedge wings being bent does not affect the operation of the machine. It will indeed still split wood. At this same time (oct 31st) you sent pictures of everything else. You also said that 50% of the blocks were not cut square (again use some common sense and follow instructions in the owners manual). You also mentioned getting the phenolic made locally. I didnt feel there was much of a point in paying freight on a wedge that still works when I needed to send you a frame anyways. I knew if i sent you what we normally use you would detroy that one also. Again I had to find a better solution. 5 weeks later when contact had been made the machine had 40 more hours on it (clearly it could still function) and i was told it had gotten worse. At this same time I had told you that I had been working on new design for you. You felt that was unreasonable and wanted DRASTCIALLY more from me, in return you wouldnt slander and blackmail me. I declined. Now we are here.

Throughout the last 5 pages of this post my story hasnt changed and I have all the supporting documents and communications. If you interested in what i have to offer send me a pm and i am more than happy to look after you.
Look at your call logs and texts. I have every call and text. I even have the box with postage codes from the faulty wiring harness. You know I called you all the time and you answered. Most questions were in regards if you have experienced the issues I was dealing with and your response was no, never experienced those issues. I have explained every issue with you and have taken photos, countless photos. At the time I wanted to get the machine going and do it correctly, now I look at back and understand why you would deny any issues. Now after a few weeks reviewing the photos, texts and trying to get a better understanding of what, why and how we are currently at this point. I told you previously that we have never encountered this many issues with any previous splitters, ever.
I requested an additional unit for that unit can be modified to deal with the pressures, and modifications would have been done at my cost not yours and would have disclosed to you the fab work. I am losing money cause the machine is sitting since our last communication, 120.5 hours and will remain at those hours until a solution has been reached. I tried the emails, I tried the texts and have been told continually to wait or I will send you updated materials, after being told to wait till the end of January for an updated frame that was the tipping point. Should I have waited till the end of January and then started posting to public forums. How long should I wait before action is taken on your part. This machine wasn't abused and you know it, you were called consistently by me and I appreciate you answering. You know its only me operating this machine cause you were called by at the time of every issue. I have one part time helper and he isn't allowed to touch the conveyor splitter or the saws, believe it or not Im at the point to where I don't care.
You didn't change your fabrication design or materials being used just for me. You said yourself you changed materials after I was experiencing the issues If you want people to believe that than so be it. Your not gonna admit anything on this forum because you have a business to protect. This forum along with the few other that have been posted will soon make sense to you in the next coming weeks.

Andrew, I hope you’re taking screenshots of these posts in case there is a future lawsuit.

Bryan, you’re really showing yourself when you refuse a new frame and insist on a second whole machine (and then you would keep both!).

If you look back a couple of posts you will be able to read why we switched the material for the wings and why we chose the material that we did in the first place.

As you have just stated there is absolutley no point in me sending you down what you already have. This is why i found a different solution for you.

I am willing to take the blame for this. I have agreed several times that this shouldnt have happened under any circumstance. Again I dont really know what you want other than a new machine and conveyor that is almost 3x the cost of what you have to replace.

How does a machine that doesnt run continue to accumulate hours? Any issue that caused the machine to actually stop i have been very prompt to get it diagnosed and get you going again. Even on evenings and weekends.

Back