Easy day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
Got a call from an old neighbor last week, right after my boss took off on a 10 day vacation. Greg wanted to know if I could come do some trimming, no hauling. I told him I'd give him the same deal as my boss, $150 per day. Greg said "How's $200?" I went over there today and trimmed on 6 trees. Started at 9, was home by 3. He was happy and I was grateful for the work. It seems like whenever I need a day's work, the phone rings and someone from my past wants me to do some trimming. Thank God for good people! :angel:

Brian,

Good to hear about you luck, um, SKILL! A tree climber can go pretty much anywhere and be in demand.

Just remember, for every good/easy day there is that hot, humping wood out of the backyard day. :D

I'd love to, Brett- But my boss is back tonight, back to work tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a FUBAR day, cause none of the trucks are ready to go, but maybe we will get something done. I think I'd rather be strapping big leads to the crane hook, though.......... ;)

Easy Day, I left the house this morning to do a prune over a house on 2 trees Because the owner is having a new roof put on and the Trees were all over the roof I got to the property at 9:00 and was finished at 12:30 Its nice to have a bucket truck. :D

Brett

Spydey is just down the road from you, in Plant City. Have you two hooked up yet? I think I'd enjoy watching him do some rigging!

details.....

hey brian,
how 'bout some details of the trees you worked on today??????
size, type, ect..............
budroe:cool:
p.s. thought i'd take the day off tommorrow but i just got off the phone w/ a buddy from work, seems his mom wants 6 washies prunned tommorrow ( all under 20'). quick and easy. i'll get an early start and be on the boat chasing reds by 10!!!!!!;)

Budroe, you are awesome!

What a great attitude on life! Work may come first, but work isn't everything! Good luck chasing those reds tomorrow, hope you get a freezer full! :D

Oh, the trees today were all easy. Medium size laurel oaks, I've been in every one before. Roof clearance, some deadwood, removing a couple undesired limbs. Nothing to write home about.

no fish......

what i thought was going to be an easy in/out job turned into
an all day event!! once i prunned the 6 washies out front, my customer was so pleased that she added on a bunch more work.
by the time i finished up yesterday i did 10 washies, dead-wooded 3 pine trees, fell another (about 40') and cleaned out a 30 laurel. not to mention 2 trips to the dump. man, i thought that i'd never get out of there, she kept adding more and more. (and i wanted to go fishing:rolleyes: ) oh well, made some extra cash so i took the wife out for a fish dinner instead!!!!!
what a day,
budroe:cool:

Good Deal Budroe!

LOL I had another Easy Day Start at 7 Done by 11 Made a whole Days Rate!
Sometimes it is Great to be self Employed! :D

Latest posts

Back