Easy firewood score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't think you have to clean it more if you burn hot but maybe the guys who burn mostly pine can let us know

I burned 1 1/2 cords of Pine in my Jotul F3 last year and when I swept my chimney I had ~6oz of creosote.

Good score sredlin, just don't pack the F3 with that stuff as it is really dry (use smaller amounts or mix it with your hackberry etc.)

good to know, we always left the softwood behind when doing firewood. I guess having an adequate supply of hardwood negates the need to mess with the other stuff. It's got to get messy handling pine with all that sticky sap.

There is no sticky sap. There is pitch around knots and the occasional "pocket". It's not really a problem. In the field if you get your hands sticky, just rub some dirt in - wash when you get home.

Harry K

I once saw a house built entirely out of stacked 2x4 and 4x4 lumber. Solid 3.5" inch thick wood walls throughout. Anyone have any information on building walls by stacking these 4x4's

Latest posts

Back