ebay 660 issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gemniii

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
Problem is the saw sold for premium price, based on sellers inaccurate description. Seller deserves to eat the shipping costs both ways.
I don't understand why y'all keep on thinking the $715 (w/sh) the OP paid was a "premium" price, if a premium price means above average.
Looking at the closed sales there were 12 before I got to "new" and $1000.
the average was $721.
Throw out the lowest and highest and it's still $725.
There were 3 sales above $800.
FOR USED SAWS!!
So he paid below average based on recent closed listings of working saws.

I wouldn't try to say the OP paid a "premium price". I'd say average.

There was a long rant&complain thread a while ago on "why are ebay prices so high".

They are so high because peeps are willing to pay the high prices. Right now it seems to be a sellers market.

I was willing to pay what I considered a premium $700 price for my "snellerized" underused 660, and I tried to explain to SWMBO why I was spending $200 more than what I got my first, freshly rebuilt, 660 for in January. I should have just done this paper exercise and pointed out I was spending $20 less than average.

And as an aside - how could it "leak oil" out the decomp valve? Wouldn't it be leaking mix? And air?

surfincr

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
the seller sent me two messages through the ebay system but also through the buyers protections claim. the latter stating "i already sent the parts"

when i was talking about the oil seepage from the decomp valve i meant the 2 cyl oil mix.

at this point thought i'm still on hold waiting for his response.

surfincr

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
sorry i think i've picked up some incorrect jargon while searching on ebay since i ran across a few where the seller was calling it a bar cover and it wasnt a scabbard. so figured it was interchangable. :dizzy: