ebay mistake with usedsaws7777

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I feel as a guy who sells a lot of saws and saw parts on Ebay, the 45 day return policy is total BS. It takes only a couple minutes with a little screw driver for guy who doesn't know what he's doing to screw up and toast a perfect running saw, let alone 45 days. Believe me, it's not always the buyers on Ebay that gets screwed.

Agreed 100%. Although I did get screwed up as a buyer once. You can come across both (Before repairing chainsaws, I was repairing laptops. Once got screwed by a buyer....

I had to google his ebay user name....I coudn't find the auction of the saw...

Yes...I am.....I should have said....I don't want to get in any deeper! LoL!

AS can be like a pack of wolfs! Circle and KILL while not knowing the WHOLE story!

OP....how long after the 5 minutes of running the saw did you contact the seller? Why did you wait more than 30 days to send it back? What did the seller say was wrong with the saw and what caused it? How many conversations did you have with the seller before he stopped responding?

From looking at the sellers feedback….he sells a lot of saws…..with many satisfied customers….some he had to resolve problems…so this kind of stiff isn’t new to the seller.

And your stake in this is.....?

Just curious.

Poge

For me the bottom line is i should have realized the 45 day time frame and filed before which i didnt. There are people that I can trust and i will just have to stick with looking at their things when i need a saw . And I will definatly heed the advice buyer beware.

It seems that many AS members have had run ins with this evilBay seller. I'm not going to call him a crook but he definitely knows how to play the eBay game and it's people like him who put the evil in eBay.

When buying anything from eBay expect to get burnt and be happy when you don't. I've learned this lesson a few times the hard way, once from this seller. Plain and simple, optimists should stay away from eBay.

It seems that many AS members have had run ins with this evilBay seller. I'm not going to call him a crook but he definitely knows how to play the eBay game and it's people like him who put the evil in eBay.

When buying anything from eBay expect to get burnt and be happy when you don't. I've learned this lesson a few times the hard way, once from this seller. Plain and simple, optimists should stay away from eBay.

Everybody has made good and made bad on Ebay, likewise dealing with members here.

Tim (scarr52) is 110% great to deal with so I am giving him a shout out.

Alot of dealing boils down to ones sense of pride, I never want to see anybody get burned, even if it cost me more than its worth, when I sold things on ebay I had some take advantage of that, but mostly all was good. Eaby has changed alot. Craigslist and Kijiji are somehow now becomming impromto auction sites without the fees.

Ebay can be a tricky beast. Here is one of my horror stories. For years I held a 100% positive feedback until a few months ago. I have done very little selling or buying on there so just one bad feedback brought me way down. This happend because of a dispute with some idiot in Russia. First off I made the mistake of changing my auction to accept bids from Russia for a guy that emailed me asking me to do that for him. So I wound up selling this guy a brand new data connector that connects Deere heavy equipment to a laptop. After he received the item my paypal account got frozen because he had opened a dispute saying it had been used because there where some surface scratches on it. The scratches where on it when I sold it and where visible in my posted photos and identified in my description. But because of this he wanted me to give him back all of his money and let him keep the item. Paypal and ebay looked into it and contacted me. I explained to them that the connector was in a plain plastic case and that while sliding around in the case it had gotten the scratches. They contacted the buyer and told him I would accept the item back and give him his money back. He replied back no he wanted to keep it but still wanted his money back. After hearing that they released my money to me and told him where to go. He was basically wanting something for free and the paypal and ebay guys said it happens all the time and you would be amazed at who falls for that deal. None the less I still got stuck with bad feedback. Wouldn't you know I got contacted by another ebay seller about a month later telling me this guy had tried this same scam on him also and he got stuck with bad feedback to. I now sell almost everything through go lsn but I do still occasionally buy from ebay. I hope this does not happen to any of you guys.

For me the bottom line is i should have realized the 45 day time frame and filed before which i didnt. There are people that I can trust and i will just have to stick with looking at their things when i need a saw . And I will definatly heed the advice buyer beware.
JSK! When did you buy this saw? Can you check on the auction # again. It doesn't seem to work. Did you leave him feedback on this saw?

I will tell you this: If you start a case, you will win.

I sold a guy a Jonsered 920 that ran and cut great, and had a comp reading just over 140. He wanted a refund the day after he paid for it because I wasn't in town and didn't respond regarding if I had shipped it yet (which I had). He got it, and contacted me that day, saying that the saw started and ran, but claimed that it was weak in the cut. He claimed that it had a comp reading of 60, which we argued about for a while. Anybody ever heard of a saw running and cutting with 60psi in the cylinder?

In the end, the guy opened a case and won. Ebay definitely favors the buyer, and I have heard this from everyone who has ever had an opinion on the matter.

Ebay can be a tricky beast. Here is one of my horror stories. For years I held a 100% positive feedback until a few months ago. I have done very little selling or buying on there so just one bad feedback brought me way down. This happend because of a dispute with some idiot in Russia. First off I made the mistake of changing my auction to accept bids from Russia for a guy that emailed me asking me to do that for him. So I wound up selling this guy a brand new data connector that connects Deere heavy equipment to a laptop. After he received the item my paypal account got frozen because he had opened a dispute saying it had been used because there where some surface scratches on it. The scratches where on it when I sold it and where visible in my posted photos and identified in my description. But because of this he wanted me to give him back all of his money and let him keep the item. Paypal and ebay looked into it and contacted me. I explained to them that the connector was in a plain plastic case and that while sliding around in the case it had gotten the scratches. They contacted the buyer and told him I would accept the item back and give him his money back. He replied back no he wanted to keep it but still wanted his money back. After hearing that they released my money to me and told him where to go. He was basically wanting something for free and the paypal and ebay guys said it happens all the time and you would be amazed at who falls for that deal. None the less I still got stuck with bad feedback. Wouldn't you know I got contacted by another ebay seller about a month later telling me this guy had tried this same scam on him also and he got stuck with bad feedback to. I now sell almost everything through go lsn but I do still occasionally buy from ebay. I hope this does not happen to any of you guys.

Again, Ebay lacks seller protection. Sold an old laptop. Told me the item was damaged (never managed to get a picture to prove it...). Offered him to send it back and get refund, no answers. Several days later I got my first and only neg. That laptop was old and sold cheap (cost me nothing). Told him that, if he withdrew his neg, I would refund him (minus shipping) and he could keep it. That's what happened: he got a free laptop and I kept my 100%. Worse thing is I never got any proof it really was damaged. Lucky that old laptop cost me nothing, but still sucks....

Like some guys have stated, its Caveat Emptor... buyer beware! There are scams everywhere, but seem all the more so on fleabay.

FWIW, I notice that the other party involved has chosen not to share his side of the story yet. :msp_confused: It'd be nice to hear his 2 cents worth...

I looked through several pages of feedback and nothing makes me think this guy is a bad seller. He has two neg FB's in the last year and one was a PP655 that the buyer had for more than 30 days. The saws seized and the buyer wanted his money refunded.

OP, I would contact the seller and gently remind him that you sent a saw, and that you would like an update on the situation. Be diplomatic and patient, and I would bet you get satisfaction.

I have purchased around thirty saws on ebay. I'm guessing about fifteen have been true to the listing. Is it that they are intentionally misleading or just not savvy about saws? I don't know, but I take it as it is and have some awesome saws now. I have never felt, though, that I have been screwed, moneywise. Okay, there was that one time.......

I looked through several pages of feedback and nothing makes me think this guy is a bad seller. He has two neg FB's in the last year and one was a PP655 that the buyer had for more than 30 days. The saws seized and the buyer wanted his money refunded.

OP, I would contact the seller and gently remind him that you sent a saw, and that you would like an update on the situation. Be diplomatic and patient, and I would bet you get satisfaction.

He would have more neg feedback but as soon as I filed a case some how the sale wouldnt come up any longer so I couldnt give him feedback.

The original poster should call Paypal, if there is a grievance. Folks think that calling ebay is the same thing, but it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back