ebay winnings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undercut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just won this bar and chain(s) for 222.50
the guy said i could pick it (local) up so no shipping :)
ADD READ--->

New Husqvarna 66" long chain saw bar with 6 chains. 3 will fit the bar, and 3 extra chains. All brand new.

S15 Titanium
Part # HV 60 63 SX

The model # of this piece is: HT-343-172. It is a .404 pitch and an .063 guage. Although it is 66" long it is considered a 60" bar. I apologize for any confusion or misleading information. I do not have the proper measuring equipment for the chains

new mill

Good question, i still don't have a mill yet. what do you guys suggest? I was gonna start small but now i have this new 60" bar plus the 44". I have a 3120 395 and so on down family. I am still open for suggestions. When i get a mill and start i will get some pics for you guys. It's half the fun checking out stuff on here :p. nice score on all those logs aggie. question, If this bar is truely 66" in lenght why would it be called a 60" what size mill should i get for this then?

Good question, i still don't have a mill yet. what do you guys suggest? I was gonna start small but now i have this new 60" bar plus the 44". I have a 3120 395 and so on down family. I am still open for suggestions. When i get a mill and start i will get some pics for you guys. It's half the fun checking out stuff on here :p. nice score on all those logs aggie. question, If this bar is truely 66" in lenght why would it be called a 60" what size mill should i get for this then?

You get 60" of cut from the saw. The rest is lost in the mount.

just picked up the bar

The bar doesn't have a sprocket on the tip. It looks one piece. There are two holes at the tip also. Can i mount this on the saw standard style? Do i need to attach a handle or another saw? I Had different thoughts on what this bar was and seeing up close the first thing i noticed was no sprocket. What do you think the best way to make use of this bar is. I am going to take some close pics later on after i get my stump job done. Thanks for any help.

It it hard nose or roller tip?

If it's hard nose it won't make a good milling bar because you won't be able to get the chain tight enough with out causing too much friction and burning both the chain and bar tip.

If it's roller nose it's perfect. I prefer roller nose over sprocket because you can run any pitch chain on it without changing the tip out.

Check out some of my other threads on the subject for more info on roller tips.

hard nose/roller tip

how can i tell if it is hard nose versus roller tip? there is definately no sproket, i will take some pics soon.

good news

well that is good news, i do a ton of thatdirty condition work stumping and such. what about regular cutting? i imagine that i could keep this when i get into those big big logs just for regular cuts. Usually the 36 will cut anything i need to. once i had to cut out a wedge to get to the center of a but log holding with a peice the size of a half dollar. I think i can come up with some uses for it. So imagine i am going back down to the 44 for the mill set up then. :p any one think i should e-bay it and put the money towards a 66 roller tip or sprocket tip lol?

Poke around the in grove at the tip and see if there is a free spinning roller in there. Something like a sprocket without teeth.

It's hard to tell from your pic but I'd be surprised if it's a hard nose considering it's length. You have to run chains much tighter than usual on bars that length otherwise they jump off, at least that's my experience. I just don't think you could get a chain tight enough to prevent this and still allow it to move freely with a hard nose. I've been wrong before though...

definately a hard nose

:cry: I just too a needle and stuck it in there and tried to rotate what i hoped would be a roller tip. Nothing moved... wahhhhhhh

Back