Echo 330 t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff154

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to do a muffler mod aka open it up. But, when removed the muffler there is some type of catalyst in there. Remove or don't mess is the questoin. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

My 355T muffler is just hollow so i just added another port
atyvybat.jpg

Sent from my Autotune Carb

The catalyst is right by the exhaust port. Its a redish pink crap.

It's been a while but I think I used a Unibit followed by a Dremel for cleanup. Gut that honeycomb, go nuts, and flip the EPA the bird as that saw wakes right up.

I heated and carefully pried 2 sides of the muffler and peeled back the crimp. Then once I side I cut the cat free with a dremel. Then just re heat and crimp.

Most people seem to cut it open or grind it out. I had practice with a 250 and I got the feel for it to so the 330T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I said piss on it. And cut it in half I, will weld it back together. Got love my tig rig 309 wire!

I cut my 330 muffler in half, removed the catalyst and welded it back together. I then cut the muffler outlet to match the silver cover piece and eliminated the screen. I put the cover back on with no gasket and then removed the carb limiter caps with a drywall screw. Tune the saw and you have the best running most affordable top handle saw there is in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back