Echo 330T muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tsouz007

tsouz007

ArboristSite Member
I've got a 330T that I've been running stock for a couple months. I was cleaning it up the other day and pulled off the muffler deflector, the spark deflector(?) and another plate, and fired it up and it sounded a LOT better. Still debating removing the cat from the muffler but wondering what the consequences of running the saw like this would be.

Pics are of 1) what I removed and 2) what it looks like with the deflector et al off.View attachment 235672View attachment 235673

SLorenz

SLorenz

ArboristSite Lurker
Leave the screen as is.

Cut a rectangle in the muffler the full length of the dimple. The existing exit hole Is at one end of that Dimple that should be cut out.

Cut the deflector and the gasket to match the rectangle cut you make in the muffler.

I figured it would be too loud to operate but it turned out so nice that it did my second cs330t the same way. Noise is not an issue when operating the saw with the cat out and the deflector cut in this manner.

I drilled out the cat on my first saw and dulled a good 3/4" bit. I was able to use a small chissel punch and worked my way around the cat to gut it on my second 330t. Knocking it out with a hammer and a small chisel is a cleaner faster approach.

Both 330t saw runs right up there with my 40cc saw 18" bar. I run a 14" bar on the 330t

SLorenz

SLorenz

ArboristSite Lurker
452bb004-9a15-ad2f.jpg

452bb004-9a23-aa1a.jpg

452bb004-9a31-bf24.jpg