echo 351EV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruger14

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know anything about an echo 351EV? i have never run an echo. i picked one up at an auction for 7 bucks today. original bar and chain, air filter, ect...... has nearly no scratches or scuffs. in overall great shape. braught it home cleaned the fuel tank put fresh gas in it and it fired after about 10 or 12 pulls. not too bad for 7 bucks. i run 40 to 1 fuel/oil in my huskies is this ok for the echo? anyone know about what years these were made? good or bad saw? any coments or advice/opinions are much appreciated. thanks

b

One of the best little saw ever built though a litlle heavy by todays standards. Carb is a little tricky to get on and off. Fuel and oil lines are prone to detoriate other than that a good little saw. 35.2 cc/2.148 cid wieght 11.2 #. I use to own one and loved it. Some parts may not be avaliable for it now.

i didnt realise the 351 was that small.. i had if memory serves the 361 evl..
it was a solid cutting saw of 64cc i beliv..
but it never measured up to today modern saws as o cutting ease .
i had an 036 962 olympic and an 372..
they all made the 361 seem very slow..
just the truth as happened to me.. i sold it as a good torqyy saw on ebay..

thanks guys for the replies. i need more though! i want to switch this saw over to .325" or .375" pitch chain. only i cant find a sprocket for it. the problem is, it has .25" on it now and i cant find chain for it. i would rather get away from .25" pitch. all of my other saws have .325" or .375" chain. i would like to keep it simple for buying bulk chain. now then, has anyone ever adjusted the carb on one of these saws? the "T" (idle) screw is under the air cleaner. its a pain to adjust. i had to set the idle, put the saw back together and then set the h & L jets and then take the saw back apart and fine tune the idle. pain in the butt. if you guys have any tips on the chain, let me hear from you. thanks in advance!

b

does anyone know if the new echo cs351 bars will fit on the 351vl? i cannot find a .325 pitch bar for this saw, and am hoping another one from a different model will fit. thanks for any info.

B

What most people do is switch to .370 ( mini 3/8 ) which is the least expensive way to go. A 16" bar, chain, and sprocket will run you about $36.00 + $7.95 shipping.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Back