echo 360t problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshramek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
my dad gave me an echo 360t that won't run compression is 150 and has good spark but it just dumps fuel into the cylinder and won't start plug is soaked with fuel as in fuel dripping off of plug.So my question is will a carb kit put this right or does it need a new carb or am I looking for something else entirely. thanks in advance for your help

i tore the carb down and it was spotless needle looked good sprayed carb cleaner through all the ports and still does the same thing diafram was still flexible

i tore the carb down and it was spotless needle looked good sprayed carb cleaner through all the ports and still does the same thing diafram was still flexible

check the flywheel and make sure it is in the proper place (lined up on the spline correctly). if so pull the plug out and give it about 10 good pulls with no choke or gas. replace the plug then try pouring a very small (tablespoon) of mix in through the carb and see if you can get it to fire that way. if the timing is right and you are still flooding with gas, I would guess that there is something really messed up with the carb. I have one of these and they are nice little saws

I pulled the carb off and dried the plug and pulled it over it started and ran without the carb for a few seconds so I'm pretty sure it's a carb issue I just diddn't want to buy a kit and then end up needing a carb to. If it needed a carb I might just part it out cause it needs a few more things like a brake band bar and chain and a couple other little things. I guess I just don't want to dump a bunch of money in it it's not like I'm short on saws.

check the flywheel and make sure it is in the proper place (lined up on the spline correctly). if so pull the plug out and give it about 10 good pulls with no choke or gas. replace the plug then try pouring a very small (tablespoon) of mix in through the carb and see if you can get it to fire that way. if the timing is right and you are still flooding with gas, I would guess that there is something really messed up with the carb. I have one of these and they are nice little saws

:confused:

I figured with all the fuel in the cylinder if I removed the carb and dried out the plug it would quit the fuel dumping and should at least fire with the fuel that was in the cylinder and it did it was like running it wot for a few seconds that was my reasoning behind that move

I have tried a new plug still the same plug fuel fowled dripping fuel off plug

Last edited:
for the price of the carb kit you will have one nice lil running saw..
all your headaches will be gone with one little kit! lol

for 9.99

Last edited:
The metering lever is too high or the metering diaphragm is bad (ethanol gas). Something is keeping the needle off the seat. Use the carb schematic as a guide to make sure of the order of the diaphragm and gaskets,

Yes, try lowering the metering lever just a bit and double check that the needle and seat are clean. Steve

I'll try messing with the metering rod and then just put a kit in it thanks for all your guys help it's always appreciated It will be a while but I'll try to post an update thanks again guys

Pressure test the needle/carb before you waste any more time on it. Put 3-4 psi into the carb and submerge it in water and look for bubbles. If the check valve is the source for your leakage it wiil bubble within the bore. If it does than you just need to put a carb on it.

Thanks for all your help it was the diaphram that was bad got it to run but surges at idle found the impulse tube was cracked also some parts are broken in the handle, the chain brake band is broken, some missing screws here and there, and no bar and chain so now I'm tracking down parts and seeing what it's gonna cost me to get this thing back into shape and then decide if it's worth it to me to do it . Thanks again for everyones help and knowledge I greatly appreciate it

Back