Echo 500p High jet tuning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashy larry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I swear i can not tell audibly if this saw is four stroking at WOT. Is that coil related? With my 272 its incredibly easy to tune and hear. The echo sounds the same at wot to me. I dont have a tach, even though i need one. Just wondering how yall are tuning these on the high end.

Not exactly sure if the 500p has a limited coil or not (most probably does), so yes bouncing off the limiter makes for hard tuning out of wood with a tach. Four stroking and hitting limiter sound slightly different but it makes tuning PITA. You just need to tune under load in wood where you can bring the rpm down away from limiter. Start rich and lean it out untill it cleans up with bar in wood. 272 is much easier to tune, you just need to change stratergy with limited coils.

Keep in mind the high on the echo is a couple more full turns out than the 372.

Are the 500p's running that far out? I'm running a 600p and 620p (both MM'd & tab deleted) at only 1/4 turn out CCW on the H at 2800 ft. above sea level. I've cut at 7500 ft. and it was more like 1/8 CCW.

I'm curious about the 500p because I have one coming in the mail here in a few days.

Are the 500p's running that far out? I'm running a 600p and 620p (both MM'd & tab deleted) at only 1/4 turn out CCW on the H at 2800 ft. above sea level. I've cut at 7500 ft. and it was more like 1/8 CCW.

I'm curious about the 500p because I have one coming in the mail here in a few days.

Most models are that way and I may be wrong on this particular model.

Back