Echo 530 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piroguejoe

piroguejoe

ArboristSite Member
Found a used echo 530 locally that was a lil dirty but I think is in pretty fair shape. Asking price was $125 but I'm sure I can get it for less than a $100. Just curious what the going rate is. I really don't need the saw just caught my eye and I'm sure it would get some use.

Isn't the 530 the first Echo that had SHindaiwa influence? I dunno if they are the same here as in the US(I've only seen them here), and I do know they label their Echo's differently here, but the 520 and the 530's I've used are all easily worth $100 used in good condition. I would snatch it right up. They are very strong saws once ported, too. But even a simple, easily done, muffler mod makes them great performers. They have a lot of torque for their displacement in the 50cc range.

I bought a new 530 in Jan. of 09, $419 plus tax. Its worth what there asking, but less is always better of course. Mine gets used for sure but gets cleaned and maintained. Just put a new rim sprocket on it yesterday. One of the best features is the air filter system, automotive style with a center tightening nut. Nothing flimsy about the filter either, easy to clean and stays fairly clean to begin with. Overall 4 1/2 out of five stars.

Green Monster

Green Monster

ArboristSite Lurker
Good Buy

If that CS-530 runs good, $100 to $125 is agood buy for sure. That saw is reliable and has good power and is relatively light weight too. Very well balanced.

Wood Doctor
Get That Saw

If that CS-530 runs good, $100 to $125 is agood buy for sure. That saw is reliable and has good power and is relatively light weight too. Very well balanced.

I recently reconditioned an older Echo CS-500. Carb needed rebuilding with a kit. Then I cleaned it all up. After that, it started and ran like the day it was new. I told the owner it would cost at least $400 to match it with a new saw of equal quality. Hardly any plastic on it, some purists might object to the 14-lb dry weight.