Echo 530 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piroguejoe

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found a used echo 530 locally that was a lil dirty but I think is in pretty fair shape. Asking price was $125 but I'm sure I can get it for less than a $100. Just curious what the going rate is. I really don't need the saw just caught my eye and I'm sure it would get some use.

Isn't the 530 the first Echo that had SHindaiwa influence? I dunno if they are the same here as in the US(I've only seen them here), and I do know they label their Echo's differently here, but the 520 and the 530's I've used are all easily worth $100 used in good condition. I would snatch it right up. They are very strong saws once ported, too. But even a simple, easily done, muffler mod makes them great performers. They have a lot of torque for their displacement in the 50cc range.

I bought a new 530 in Jan. of 09, $419 plus tax. Its worth what there asking, but less is always better of course. Mine gets used for sure but gets cleaned and maintained. Just put a new rim sprocket on it yesterday. One of the best features is the air filter system, automotive style with a center tightening nut. Nothing flimsy about the filter either, easy to clean and stays fairly clean to begin with. Overall 4 1/2 out of five stars.

Good Buy

If that CS-530 runs good, $100 to $125 is agood buy for sure. That saw is reliable and has good power and is relatively light weight too. Very well balanced.

Get That Saw

If that CS-530 runs good, $100 to $125 is agood buy for sure. That saw is reliable and has good power and is relatively light weight too. Very well balanced.

I recently reconditioned an older Echo CS-500. Carb needed rebuilding with a kit. Then I cleaned it all up. After that, it started and ran like the day it was new. I told the owner it would cost at least $400 to match it with a new saw of equal quality. Hardly any plastic on it, some purists might object to the 14-lb dry weight.

Back