Echo-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if it's a good saw,guy at work is looking at one and I'm not familiar with them,so i figured I would ask you guys

I've got a couple Echo's and like them. Not as pricey as Stihl and Husky, but still a good saw. Haven't seen this one yet, just googled it. 60 CC's, nice size for the average guy. Wait for some one with real experience to show up, Joe.

Great saw, you get pro construction for homeowner price. Also they have plenty of power to run the 18 or 20" bars with 3/8 full chisel chain. A great saw for firewood guys. I have run a few tanks through a demo at home and was impressed. It has the same power as the first gen 600p.

I cant and wont knock the one Echo i own, CS530. One thing you dont see is a lot of "my Echo wont start threads". Lots of reading with starting issues with late model Huskys, usually blamed by the masses on "operator error". Im not buying the operator error scenario, if i did that would make us Echo guys much smarter, hey, maybe we are, we can start a chainsaw.

My experience with the gray Echo CS-520:
- Product Quality: Simple issues that shouldn't be issues in the first place (screws vibrating loose and falling out, half of slotted screw heads snapping off)
- Warranty claims: Echo policy requires ALL product issues during the warranty period be handled by an Echo Dealers
- Warranty claims: Echo dealers require you to pay $50 to just look at the saw and file a claim (even if it is clear without disassembly a cover screw is missing or other screw head is broken)
- Warranty claims: Echo owners need to wait 4-6 weeks for Echo Dealer and Echo Warranty Claims Dept to review/approve repair and make repair.
- Echo Customer Service: They are adamant to following Echo Corporate Policy.

See my post on this: http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...oor-quality-and-poor-customer-service.299745/

This clearly is the stupidist post series I have read in quite some time on this forum!

Latest posts

Back