Echo 610 at auction 10-27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanniedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Watched a very nice looking 610 sell for $370 which was past my limit. A local Echo wrench bought it, his family now has three. One each for dad and the two boys. Also sold a nice Echo 500 for just under $200.

Was hoping nobody knew what it was other than a saw with a 20 inch bar. When i saw Nathan i knew why he was there. The saw had some paint missing because it didn't have felling dogs, other than that it was nice probably a 8- 9 out of 10.

Echo 610 woes

I own a John Deere 66sv that someone was gracious enough to sell me on eBay for $530.00 a few months back. The only thing it was missing (as most do) was the front spark plug cover. I am still looking for that ghost item. Anyhow I got the bug and thought it might be a good idea to look for the standard Echo equivalent 610evl and have been keeping an eye out for one. I have seen in the past month one sell for just under $1000.00 with a broken bottom plate and a broken handle support, and one sold last night for almost $1100.00 and was nothing special. I then had the good fortune to be able just a few minutes later buy one myself for $280.00. Good things come to those who wait! It needs the bottom plate (which I have one), the spikes, and is missing that rubber plug that covers the hole for the chain brake, all things I'm sure I can find. It is also sadly missing the data sticker off the filter cover, which I don't know that I can find. There seems to be a rash of folks trying to pick these saws up as of late, and in my opinion are going way overboard on the price. Reminds me of my old auction days, watching people get the "fever" and way overbid. Keeps honest folks like myself from truly enjoying my passion for good old saws :(

I was really suprised to see that saw go for 1100 on ebay last night. Figured the last one went really high and the 2nd bidder prob changed his mind. Well maybe that was him that got the other one. I will wait for a real priced one but i just don't see them locally my way...Bob

Bob,

I think we were watching the same auctions. Just wish more parts for them were posted on there instead of near whole saws. After a while one can build up a lot of them and still not get a whole one! I did figure I will take the front spark plug cover off the Echo and put it on the John Deere just to finish it out :) Ray

Latest posts

Back