echo and husqvarna trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malador

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a second trimmer for my cabin. I'd prefer and Echo, (probably the 265 or 280). But the local dealer doesn't have either in stock, and doesn't know if they have adjustable carbs. He suggested getting an husqvarna instead, because they DO have carb adjustments.

So does anyone know if the Echo 265 or 280 have carb adjustments? there manual says they don't need adjusted, but i don't buy that....

I know stihl trimmers are awesome. But the dealer down the street was quite rude, and basically refused to help when I tried to get a chain for my echo cs400. So I'm not buying a stihl.

I have a 125L Husky that I have had for a few years. I like it a lot, no complaints. I know they don't make that model anymore, I believe it's a 128L now. As far as brand loyalty, I have a Echo backpack blower It's Great too.

I own a 125L Husky also. All I've had to do is add fuel and new string. I have 3 heads for it so when I run out of line I just put on a new head, and refill the empty when I get to it.

I own a 125L Husky also. All I've had to do is add fuel and new string. I have 3 heads for it so when I run out of line I just put on a new head, and refill the empty when I get to it.

Do They have the fully adjustble carb with the hi/lo? I love my echo trimmer but it's starting to run a little lean and there are no adjustment screws on it.:bang:

You know, I'll have to look. I've never had to mess with it.

Well i went down to the local dealer, and he didn't have any of the higher end Husqvarnas in stock. He talked me into being a Echo 265. He said the carbs Are adjustable, you just have to have a special tool to remove the plugs. He said to bring it back after a couple tanks of fuel and he would remove the plug and show me how to adjust it.

Thanks for everyones help.

Latest posts

Back