ECHO Chainsaw Bar Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motobike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Question: What are the differences in the chainsaw bars supplied with the CS-450 and CS-450p - w/ Performance Cutting System? New saws, 18" bars.

Both = 18', .050, .325

1. Part # 18FOAD3372 PC

2. Part # 18FOLD3372 PE - Performance Cutting System

I have both bars in my hand, I did not weigh them; but the look alike and feel alike. The tip sprocket looks the same, different paint scheme though. Both are laminated bars.

Oh sure there are better, lighter bars, but in the $40 range these are good quality.

If there is a difference or differences, I don't see any right now.

The CS450p and the CS-450 are supplied with different chains; the p model comes with Oergon LPX and the standard saw gets (BPX,I think).

Can anybody shed some light on this? What are the differences in the bars.

Question: What are the differences in the chainsaw bars supplied with the CS-450 and CS-450p - w/ Performance Cutting System? New saws, 18" bars.

Both = 18', .050, .325

1. Part # 18FOAD3372 PC

I have both bars in my hand, I did not weigh them; but the look alike and feel alike. The tip sprocket looks the same, different paint scheme though. Both are laminated bars.

Oh sure there are better, lighter bars, but in the $40 range these are good quality.

The CS450p and the CS-450 are supplied with different chains; the p model comes with Oergon LPX and the standard saw gets (BPX,I think).

Didn't you ask this before and didn't Edge & Engine state that the CS450p has an Oregon Power Match bar and the CS450 has an Oregon Pro-Light Bar.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/180165.htm#post3144560

A label

Both = 18', .050, .325

1. Part # 18FOAD3372 PC

I bet it is a label they slap on their suffix-p series saw bars to denote professional. Marketing schtick when someone pays a little extra to get a "pro class" saw. All the manufacturers use the bar as an advertising surface.

But, could be wrong on that. You got the bars in your hand and aren't seeing any differences outside of the advertising.

Trying to post Pic

Still trying to get the pic thing down!

2ewh16b.jpg

The 2011 catalog too calls for the 450 getting a pro-am double-guard bar while the 450P a pro-lite, yet the bar part numbers are the same. Maybe old inventory hanging around and looking to get rid of it by fitting it to 2 saws. The saw specs are the same too, btw.

The 2011 catalog too calls for the 450 getting a pro-am double-guard bar while the 450P a pro-lite, yet the bar part numbers are the same. Maybe old inventory hanging around and looking to get rid of it by fitting it to 2 saws. The saw specs are the same too, btw.

milking,

I personally took the bars out of unopened Echo boxes, a CS-450p and a CS-450, with the new saws in them.

So they were shipped that way.

The numbers on the bars are different though; look at my first post.

The chains shipped with the saws were different.

I'm not knocking Echo or the quality of the bars at all; just saying they really look like the same thing.

As far as I know, the bars are identical aside from graphics. The "P" model gets a better chain, and so they call it the performance system and put that logo on the bar.

I believe I have the upper bar on my 530 which has straight sides or nearly so while the 600P I have has a bar with slightly curved sides. I wonder if the newer bars have this curve as a slight improvement. One is 18" and the other 20" and is a "P" series bar, and has a slight curve like the pic seems to show unless it is an optical illusion brought on by my need for more coffee.

I believe I have the upper bar on my 530 which has straight sides or nearly so while the 600P I have has a bar with slightly curved sides. I wonder if the newer bars have this curve as a slight improvement. One is 18" and the other 20" and is a "P" series bar, and has a slight curve like the pic seems to show unless it is an optical illusion brought on by my need for more coffee.

milking,

I checked again today.

The bars have the exact same curvature; it is an optical illusion. Maybe a shadow, on the lower bar. Remember these are both 18" bars; fresh out of the box.

I did weigh them today; and I had to use a scale that reads in grams, it is all I had.

1. Standard bar 820g
2. The p bar 850g

That is probably just a manufacturing difference. The rails look the same thickness; in fact it all looks the same. Different paint scheme.

Back