Echo CS-3000 usefullness?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The guy I just bought the Stihl pole pruner from has one that he'll sell me for $75. Nice shape but they're only $200 new and I can't imagine using it unless it's for cutting up the limbs I bring down with the pole saw. I guess I'm just looking for opinions because I've never owned a saw this small and I'm not sure what a 30cc saw is capable of except hurting yourself if you're not careful with it. The only 'tree jobs' I ever do is getting a few limbs out of the way for my grass customers which is why I bought the Stihl. I just bought a couple of 50cc saws but I'll likely sell one off once I find a favorite and I'll want to keep it out of the dirt anyway. I'd want to keep it quiet for residential use so it's unlikely to even get a muffler mod.
Thanks, John..

Last edited:
I have a 30cc Echo saw that i bought new in 1977. I have cut so much wood with it. Even with a 12" bar i have cut down some 20" trees. And it still runs great...Bob

I like my Echo trim saw. If you have a use for it pick it up. If not, then don't. If you need to limb up some small stuff, just buy a Silky handsaw. Faster, IMO, than starting a saw, cutting, putting down. Safer too.

the echo 3000 is a good little top handled saw ,especially for the money.
care should be given to keep the chain just rite. if sharpened rite and rakers done real even. its a very useful saw.smooth saw and cuts pretty good. also doubles as a handy tool for heavy shrubs.but again its effectiveness is real dependent on the chain being rite to really make it adequate as an tree pruning saw. if the chain is off much at all, u just got a saw that cuts rough and slow.
if i did a lot of climbing etc ,id opt for an stihl 20t.but for my needs its a good dependable little saw

Hello,

I would not buy a top handle saw for stuff on the ground or general use. This use will be way more dangerous than using a normal saw.

Best regards
Christian

I've never really liked the 'feel' of top handled saws so I may pass on the Echo and wait until I can find a nice cheapy to keep in my lawn truck. I don't want to subject my nice saws to that treatment and I also do not want to worry about not having it when I need it so it needs to stay in the truck. The same guy has an almost new Husky 340 which might fill the bill nicely even if it's a bit more expensive.
John..

Back