Echo CS 310 timing advance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup my muffler is gutted, carb reset, 14 inch bar, full chisel chain and it cuts very nice. Just wondering if a few more degrees advanced would take a fuller advantage of the exhaust mod, and carb being reset. Just like a SB or BB Chevy, just alittle advance is what I'm thinking.
There is a CS353 in some parts, has a standard non cat muffler,
it has a bit more power and a bit less weight, don’t see them anymore,
I found out about them when I was looking for an OEM non cat muffler,
I don’t like cutting into the mufflers as I have no tig or mig now to weld them.

There is a CS353 in some parts, has a standard non cat muffler,
it has a bit more power and a bit less weight, don’t see them anymore,
I found out about them when I was looking for an OEM non cat muffler,
I don’t like cutting into the mufflers as I have no tig or mig now to weld them.
Now thats interesting CS 353 has a standard muffler no cat. Mine is gutted but there is always some remains of the cat left behind after drilling it out, and the fear of metal shaving left behind no matter how hard you clean it out. I do have a 2nd CS310 like new with only 2-3 tanks of fuel through it

Now thats interesting CS 353 has a standard muffler no cat. Mine is gutted but there is always some remains of the cat left behind after drilling it out, and the fear of metal shaving left behind no matter how hard you clean it out. I do have a 2nd CS310 like new with only 2-3 tanks of fuel through it
I did a google, and I see the Echo CS353 is still listed, it’s 1.59kw, their newest replacement
for that saw is 1.5kw, and a cheaper built saw, if only I could get the fuel cap to seal
on the 352 / 353 series.
https://www.echotools.com/en_us/products/chain-saws/chain-sawI should have bought the new OEM 353 muffler when I saw it, the seller had the price
way up though, but no hacking mufflers is nice. I did both my Makita EA4300 mufflers,
but they come apart with 3 screws, so it was only a matter of drilling 2 welds out.

Back