Echo CS-4910 bogging in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve watched them all. I want one really bad. I just recently got a 3510 so there’s no way my accountant will allow another chainsaw purchase. But my next saw will be a ported 4910 no doubt.
You don't even need to port it! Mine is woke up really good and has very similar performance. Sure, it might not have as much torque as a ported one, but is still impressive as is!

I think he's referring to running it after the muffler mod BEFORE you pulled the limiters and retuned. The muffler mod allows increased airflow and could possible lean the mixture enough to overheat and damage the engine.
It was running plenty of back pressure as it was. The plug was a lighter gray, so it was running a hair bit lean but it wasn't running too lean to where the saw would freeze up, it was actually running regular temps and performance. As a matter of fact, even with the carb tabs on, you could still tune it a bit, they could still turn. So, I turned the HI as rich as it went, and it did just fine. Now im running it even richer since I was able to hack the carb and it just cuts the wood like it's a crusade. Could I have voided the warranty by removing the tabs and tube? if so, I can probably sneak them all back into place like nothing happened, hehe.

It was running plenty of back pressure as it was. The plug was a lighter gray, so it was running a hair bit lean but it wasn't running too lean to where the saw would freeze up, it was actually running regular temps and performance. As a matter of fact, even with the carb tabs on, you could still tune it a bit, they could still turn. So, I turned the HI as rich as it went, and it did just fine. Now im running it even richer since I was able to hack the carb and it just cuts the wood like it's a crusade. Could I have voided the warranty by removing the tabs and tube? if so, I can probably sneak them all back into place like nothing happened, hehe.
New limiters are available cheap, if you boogered the originals up removing them.

Yep what he said! You should always use a tach to tune your saws, most so when they are new.
I usually tune by ear, im not a by-the-book kinda guy. I'll tune them to where they're on the fat side when cutting. I don't like lean saws at all. I tune them so they just start to two stroke in the cut, because I don't like high head temps while running. When you run rich, your saw will last longer and will have more torque when cutting. So, about what you said.... I always went by the usual start to tuning 1 1/4 and 1 1/2. I never knew that saws go out to 3 5/8, just never happened to me. I just needed someone to help me out to figure what the problem was.

sawtech1

do you have a link for 3510
Hers is the link for the 3510:

Click Here to View Service Data Sheets

My 3510 wouldn't barely run out of the box. I immediately pulled the limiter caps and adjusted by ear just to get it running and then fine tuned in wood. I wish I would have counted the turns from factory just to have a baseline but I was more concerned with getting it running at the time.

FYI, sawsuppliers.com has Service Data Sheets for all the Echos.

My 3510 wouldn't barely run out of the box. I immediately pulled the limiter caps and adjusted by ear just to get it running and then fine tuned in wood. I wish I would have counted the turns from factory just to have a baseline but I was more concerned with getting it running at the time.

I found Service Data Sheets for a handful of current models. Am I missing something? Nothing (I could find) for things like 352, 346, 290.

Was cutting some 25" Maple rounds today and really felt the pull of the 4910! I replaced the factory 16" with a Forester 20" with full chisel, fits only huskies, fixed that with a dremel in two minutes. It's a K095 tail mount, Echo uses K216, very similar bar types, but just enough to not fit. If you listen with good headphones, you can really hear the grunt and power this really has!

Attachments

• 20220316_162336_19962873437181.mp4
    21.6 MB
My echo 4910 has about 3 tanks through it. Muffmod done and tuned. Just an FYI. I had the gas filter pop off the line and was trying to tune the bog out till I realized. Lol
Did the muff and carb mod on mine. I have the Jug out to be shaved down and ported. These saws really do take well to modification. Cant wait to have a 60cc+ in a 50cc saw

Thank YOU soo much for the data sheet heads up

looking at my 590....wow...7 to 1 compression. I Like these sheets!

yeah, I would like to own a 4910 myself.....it would be more power than my cs370 (which I Love) and the 590 thats a bit heavy--but a beast.

Latest posts

Back