Echo CS-4910 bogging in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGrig06

Addicted to Old Blue Smokin Two Strokes That Sing
Reaction score
I bought a new 4910 at my local dealer on Thanksgiving eve. The next few days (after thanksgiving was over) I started to play with my new toy and break it in 😄. So then the next few weeks i'd cut some firewood, which it did great, and really loved the way it performed. I then pulled the tube out of the muffler and spark screen, and it ran MUCH better. Then after a couple weeks, I pulled the tabs off the carb, since I like to tune them to my liking, and to do so, I had to pull it off. So after I was done, I put it back on, and was able to see the screws. Excited, the next day I went out to cut up some cherry (like always) and it would cut okay, until WOT. At WOT it bogs, chain stops, no work. It kinda got me thinking, "did I lose an o-ring? a gasket? air leak?" So, I pulled the carb back off and there is the intake o-ring still there. So no air leak. I checked the jets, the LO was set to 1-1/4, and the HI was set to 1-3/4 (i like to run a lil rich). Im running Supertech oil, 40:1 mix, pump gas. What could my problem be? I have a new carb coming in the mail, not because im too lazy to look at the current one, this one had longer tuning screws and just a nicer setup in general. It's for a Shindaiwa 501sx, but the Echo 501p and 4910 use the same carb, so it doesn't matter. I have my Pro Mac 10-10 running good so I don't have to worry about not having a chaisnaw (the 10-10 rips btw). Have you guys ever had this problem? If so, what are your thoughts? I don't want to hear "you shoulda got a husky" "you shoulda gotten a stihl".

Side note: The saw has 9 tanks through it, so it's almost woke up.
I really like this Echo, and like to see it cut again in the future 😢

According to the Service Data Sheet for a 4910, the initial adjustment on the high screw is 3 5/8 turn out. Its bogging because it is super lean most likely.

Click Here to View Service Data Sheets
OH WOW!!! Im used to saws having 1 or so turn but I guess the threads on the echo are very continuous. THANK YOUU!!!!! I noticed when turning them in that the hi felt really out but I guess that's factory

Yeah I also thought it was crazy on my 3510 that the screws were both 3ish turns out. Maybe because it's a strato saw? My 620p adjustments are more typical.

Yeah I also thought it was crazy on my 3510 that the screws were both 3ish turns out. Maybe because it's a strato saw? My 620p adjustments are more typical.
Thank you guys for the help, I was really surprised to hear that the screws go out that far. But when I took the tabs off the carb screws, I remember it felt like it never ended when going CW until it seated. That was the longest three and five eighth turns of my life 😄, im just so used to only a turn or maybe two. I guess echo uses some long threaded screws that turn forever. BUT, it makes for more precise tuning though.

Glad to help. I love Echo saws. I really wanted a 4910 but opted for a 3510 to cover a wider range tasks with only 2 saws.

Glad to help. I love Echo saws. I really wanted a 4910 but opted for a 3510 to cover a wider range tasks with only 2 saws.
The 4910 is a great lil bugger! I hate when people say it sucks on power, because they haven't broken it in yet 🤦‍♂️. People are just impatient nowadays

I've heard people say that the 3510 is just as powerful as the 4510. Im actually surprised the 4910 isn't called the 5010, it's not 49cc anymore like the old 490.
My CS-352 (and my old CS-346) should pretty much match the 3510. IF it can match the 4910 that will save me buying one. Kind of doubt that info however.

Hello all! Just a quickie update for those who helped me get her runnin good again. This morning, I seated the H jet and turned out 3-3/4 turns, started her up, ran like a champ 🤩! She ate through that frozen Ash and Cherry with ease! I think she's fully woken up, revs pretty high in the cut. Thank you! Appreciate the help!

She did an outstanding job in the wood today! That blue saw is my 1973 Remington Woodsman MMB-II, which is most definitely a Homelite design steal, but they're practically extinct, this one is probably one of a hundred, even google doesn't have a picture of one 😂. And yes, I have a Super Bee logo on the recoil cover, for more power of course.
20220112_122916.jpg20220112_122824.jpg

I’ve been drooling over some of the ported 4910s on YouTube. If I could get another saw this would be it.
Have you watched David Anthony's 4910? It's an eargasm for sure. He actually lives a bit down the road from me and he actually sold that 4910 on Ebay for the price of a new one, came with two new chains, two bars, and oil. Shouldve waited a month 😭 I wouldve loved that ported beast. My 4910 surprisingly runs pretty similar to his, and mine is stock with the muff mod 🤷‍♂️

I’ve watched them all. I want one really bad. I just recently got a 3510 so there’s no way my accountant will allow another chainsaw purchase. But my next saw will be a ported 4910 no doubt.

Back