Echo CS-590 Timberwolf exhaust plate needed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the initial muffler flow results.

I went as far as modifying the deflector. I haven't drilled any internal holes into the muffler yet.

For those that care, here's the atmospheric data during the test session (which was about one hour).

View attachment 520173

Here's the Flow results. I am reporting Raw (uncorrected) airflow numbers. Since the test conditions are more or less constant over the hour of testing, these flow values can be directly compared with each other.

View attachment 520177
These are the flow bench numbers by team fast. 50% gain in flow just by removing the piece from the deflector. I won't be able to get the measurement you want till tomorrow as my saw is at another members house to go to the PA GTG tomorrow.

First off, I would tell your cousin to keep his hand off your saw. The plate that you are referring to helps keep heat from the cylinder from doing damage to the surrounding plastics. I wouldn't let your cousin within a mile of my saws. It also helps the fan send air around the cylinder for engine cooling.

First off, I would tell your cousin to keep his hand off your saw. The plate that you are referring to helps keep heat from the cylinder from doing damage to the surrounding plastics. I wouldn't let your cousin within a mile of my saws. It also helps the fan send air around the cylinder for engine cooling.

That's not the part he was referring to, it was the little tiny plate that covers the muffler bolts.

Back