• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Echo CS-650EVL powerhead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
5E2978C8-D671-4427-94B6-787F4FB9F1A9.jpeg 80DCBF8D-E315-45AD-ADA9-3C9DA1507882.jpeg 688518C6-E4A8-4B91-AC6E-03F377BF7540.jpeg F44DE71F-317F-4BAC-B84C-F7D4996EFF59.jpeg E24C38A6-90F7-4B93-A822-9BB5D3887CFF.jpeg

Hello Gang,

I have a cool old Echo CS-650EVL that is a complete saw but it has a cracked/broken recoil cover. around one corner bolt. The other three bolts hold the cover on strong enough that the starter can engage the flywheel just fine. Still has the white hand guard in good shape as well.

This saw is a cool old beast. I pulled the compression and it showed ~160psi at sea level. Spark tested very strong.

There is a small crack in the top edge of the clutch cover, but it doesn't seem to be spreading.

This saw hasn't been started in 20 years, until today......

I filled her up with fresh ethanol-free mix and in 4 pulls she cackles to life and runs and idles great. I do recommend replacing the fuel lines/filter and installing a carb kit because of the age. The oiler works great and it will have no trouble keeping a 20 or 24 inch bar well lubed on this hoss.

Since it does run, and likely just needs normal maintenance, a few hoses and a fuel filter, and a good cleaning, I am asking $130 shipped to Con. USA.

I will not be offended by fair offers.

I would love to travel to New Zealand, it looks very beautiful.

This Saw is still for sale.

Yea alot has been ruined or in the process of being ruined with dairy farms our nice rivers are now polluted. Not all but alot.. whats denver like? And hope ya keep that saw throw a bar on and enjoy it shiping to here would be horrendous

Sad to hear about the water pollution....

Denver is a fun place to be.... I live in a suburb on the far west side that is called Lakewood. I don’t live in the city, more of a bedroom community.

Lots of beautiful scenery within 20-30 minute drives to the west into the mountains..

I am not here for the wacky-tobacky, like some others...

The population boom has housing prices way high, which sucks for new home buyers and renters, but many people agree that it is worth it to live in such a dynamic area.

As for the saw, If I didn’t already have about 4 or 5 keepers already, this Echo would be staying. I need the money to pay for parts on other saws that need fixin’.

Yea same story for most waterways around the world. I did some googling about your place it seems like a realy cool place Colorado in general seem nice a bit like here in a few ways. A guy from nz invented the jet boat bill Hamilton and alot of people scoffed and laughed so he and a few of his mates went up the Colorado river through the canyon. A we bit of history for ya.

A shame about the house prices seems to be the pattern everywhere.

As for the wacky tobacky its a good thing the saving of money and resourses to chase real drugs and crime is huge.

Well hope you sell ya saw and get the others going its a funny thing this saw addiction it strikes pritty hard. I have around 10 or so could be 30 real easy haha and half a dozen 2 stroke victa lawn mowers too.

Have a look a you tube. Colorado river 1960 jet boat. Its absolute madness but after that trip the rest is history as they say so now days for bugger all you can buy an old plywood or fibreglass hamilton in good nic or lots on a 60mph v8 weapon or even build a 10ft long jet ski powered machine that runs in an inch of water at 50mph.. you tube small jet boats in new zealand is a good watch. Any way im rambling now

Someone buy the mans saw:)

Yeah, awesome!

I have a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a real Joe Mondello built 455 Oldsmobile engine with fully ported nascar batten heads on it. We have been working on it for a long time. Mondello built a ton of winning engines for jet boats.

been awhile... still have the saw...?

Flyng through Denver on 2 Dec and need another Echo cs650evl chainsaw (bought my first 650EVL in 1977 in Estes Park CO... 7 cords / yr for 41 yrs, (plus a lot of farm and ranch use and commercial use through my brushmuncher business...still running great).

Gladly buy your aged beauty. (If you still have it)

Sorry Friend, that saw was sold a while back!

I wish you Safe travels and a Merry Christmas.

Back