Echo CS-670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you still get parts for a 8000 series Echo? The ones from the early 1990's? What mid sized Husky would a 750 or 8000 match up to for comparison purposes? (Actual capability vs. just displacement)

Okay guys.....here's what I have. A new / unstarted ECHO CS-6700. It comes with the standard 20" bar/chain, as well as a factory 24" bar/chain, and two factory air cleaners ($22.00 ea. value), a ECHO HD carry / storage case, service tools and all manuals, to incl. owner's / parts catalog. Everything is new / unused!!

MSRP on this saw w/20" bar/chain is $679.00 alone, not including the extra 24" bar/chain, two air filters and carry/storage case.

I'll let it go for $475.00 + shipping.

I've used my neighbors CS-6700 2-3 times, prior to buying my own. It is a great running saw. Plenty of power (more than I really need) and very smooth.

Last edited:
dano said:
Okay guys.....here's what I have. A new / unstarted ECHO CS-6700. It comes with the standard 20" bar/chain, as well as a factory 24" bar/chain, and two factory air cleaners ($22.00 ea. value), a ECHO HD carry / storage case, service tools and all manuals, to incl. owner's / parts catalog. Everything is new / unused!!

MSRP on this saw w/20" bar/chain is $679.00 alone, not including the extra 24" bar/chain, two air filters and carry/storage case.

I'll let it go for $475.00 + shipping.

I've used my neighbors CS-6700 2-3 times, prior to buying my own. It is a great running saw. Plenty of power (more than I really need) and very smooth.

That is a little I mean a lot on the high side. The msrp on that saw was that high they dropped the price the new msrp is only $459

I wasn't aware of the new MSRP.

So....even with all the "extras", I'm still too high? My saw is still new and unfired.

For someone looking to buy this saw, I'm feel that my price is still fair. If I wasn't offering all the extras, I would drop the price.

Best I can do is $450.00 + shipping.

Dano: Nice saw, fair price.

Try posting it in the used equipment forum. Which, according to AS big brother rules, is what you should do.

Keep in mind that while there are a lot of closet Echo users here, Stihl & Husky (& some Dolmars) still rule. Not my thinking (I think Echos are a good value for $$), just what I've observed here at AS.

Chris J.

Back