Echo Cs330t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told ya you would love it! Mine still starts on the second pull and its 4 years old!:)

Thats just simply unbelieveable
Utterly amazing
A sight to behold

You must work for them and have a prototype since the damn saw aint even two years old.............:monkey:

Just Mow: Slow down there Bubba!

Hey, relax partner. If you go back to the original posts you will see that I told him mine is a smaller, OLDER , CS300T. Its four years old, honest injun!

I've got an old cs300 that's been abused in every way imaginable. Thing is reliable as gravity. Starts easy. Runs the way it was designed to. (I guess that's the polite way to put it..:) ) Yeah...it's a little gutless compared to saws twice it's price, even with the 12" bar. But I got it for $50 and it makes a great backup to the 020T. Which has never let me down till here recently. :( No fault of the saw. My only gripes on the CS300:

Air filter and placement.
The chain tensioner...they always strip over time. Plastic is not what they should be made out of.

So my first and true love it the 020T/200T. Far and away. After that, I'd take the Echo over ANY 338XPT. NOW THAT IS A CRAP SAW! Don't even get me started on those things! And yes....I've owned several and yes they all sucked goat balls! Why can't Husqvarna make a good tophandle??

Not quite. The 200T with dull chain or the chain on backwards would still outcut the underpowered 330 Echo.

Just had to sign in to respond to this statement.....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??? I have many Stihls and not one cuts better with a chain on backwards than my beloved WildThing!!!! Get yore storie strate....:chainsawguy: :laugh: :laugh:

Just had to sign in to respond to this statement.....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??? I have many Stihls and not one cuts better with a chain on backwards than my beloved WildThing!!!! Get yore storie strate....:chainsawguy: :laugh: :laugh:

I forgot about the
WILDTHING

UPDATE 4 months later:

- Saw is broken in nicely, and is running strong. Have had over 100 liters of fuel run thru it without issue. Not a single bit of plastic is broken, stripped or cracked, even after the saw slammed into a trunk after a fast-rap bailout from a tree (hornet attack).

ridden 'er hard, put 'er away hot 'n dirty, she still fires up on the second pull.

:cheers:

+1 same for me, great saw for the money. a mulberry and an elm came down last weekend with no problem. Altought that ****** nail in the trunk tore up a nice chain. no way to see it, right in the middle of the tree

Update, one year later:

- saw is running very strong. still blocking down up to 14" trunks no problem, limbing as well.

- Echo must be on to something with their air filter "preclean" system, i have yet to actually clean the filter, it only gets a very light dusting on it.

- saw has roughly a 1000 hours on it (remember, i do tree work part time, not every day)

- biggest tree i felled with it was a 20" diameter spruce. I cut from each side (traditional notch).

dislikes:

the spikes could be bigger.

Nice to hear that your saw is still performing well, SRT-Tech.

The o two things that I don't like about the 360 and 330 are the weight--- more than other climb saws....but not that much...and the bulkiness that the rear carb creates. The handle grip area looks to be even smaller than the 200. But I understand the reason for having the carb and filter in the back. The older Echos clogged filters quicker than the Husky climb saws.

Note that I haven't run one of these saws, or even picked one up.

With the ample displacement of the 360, and the fact that it is piston ported, it should respond well to a simple muffler mod.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=CS-360T&Category=CHAINSAW

Could all you Echo bashers explain how a little Echo 330 could last 1000 hours and still be running great? Steve

Those Echo bashers probably weren't around when I was running the old 302S as a climb saw......heavy, relatively underpowered, but very durable. The plastic 300 and 340 series saws aren't built as well---but the motors were still pretty good---though still underpowered.

Could all you Echo bashers explain how a little Echo 330 could last 1000 hours and still be running great? Steve

simple,
i dont abuse my tools or expect it to perform like a big falling saw. I use it for limbing and blocking down small trees. Its always cleaned carefully, warmed up before use, eased into cutting until the first few cuts, chain is kept very sharp, its not dropped or bashed or thrown onto the ground like some saws i have seen being used.

1000 hours really is'nt that much at all. Barely broken in.

"With the ample displacement of the 360, and the fact that it is piston ported, it should respond well to a simple muffler mod."

We are really liking our CS-360t. It was very "anemic" right out of the box, requiring us to add considerable fuel by removing the carbs adj screw limiting caps.

I have no doubt it would have "cooked" the jug and piston in short order.

Still thinking there was more power to be had, I opened up the muffler slightly at the exit port, which gave the saw a nice power improvment.

We've been running it to death, and so far no issues.

The only negative I can come up with is the rev limiting module, which makes it very difficult to find the best settign for the high speed screw. There is a very fine line at apprx 14,500rpm's where it will either 4 stroke or go on the limiter. I can see how it would be quite easy to set one too lean and burn it up, these saws really LOVE high rpm's.

In contrast, we owned two 301's and still have a 341, which is on loan. Those saws are dead solid reliable, but SLOW, not even in the same league as the 360t.......Cliff

Actually, all Echo Saws are preset, carb wise, at the factory..except for the 670 and 8000 models, those have to be tached and are dealer sold ONLY.

You can bring one home, dump in some mix gas, and go to work, as is. They do sometimes run a little "lean" through the first tank or 2, and that is simply the rings seating, and stuff such as that. We have yet to have one that didnt run perfectly out of the box, or needed tweaking, and this goes for saws, trimmers, blowers, hedge clippers...etc.

When first cranked, out of the box, we idle for 30 seconds, then gradually bring it up to wide open over about 30 seconds, then slowly go back to idle. Then a few quick revs to wide open. Then idle for a few seconds, then cut off. Then restart on 1 pull, no choke. Works like a charm, and they love it.

people that buy theirs from HD always come in complaining about how they went to run it new, and it would only bog..so they had to pop off the EPA limiters and richen them up...now they complain they have no rpms...

I still say ECHO shouldnt sell to box stores...some people just shouldnt be allowed to own..very well setup, their own gas powered tools

Yep. First off, a little echo 330 NEVER runs great. The word great doesn't apply to echos. An echo 330's motor is so weak and uninspiring, it should last 1000,000 hours at least... :bang: :D

lol....and yet mine keeps on flawlessly dropping limbs and trunk blocks, which = $$$$$$$ in my pocket.

lol :greenchainsaw:

Back