Echo cs370

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.p.landscaping

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got a question for ya. The wife & I went to Home depot tonight to get some paint for a project I have going on and being a landscaper I never leave the Depot without looking in the garden and outdoor power equipment centers for any deals. Well they had an Echo cs370 “reconditioned” for $200.00. Now usually I’m weary on any reconditioned power equipment, especially from a box store but last fall I bought a display model Coleman 2750psi power washer for $150.00 from Lowes that couldn’t work better. I decided what the hell and got the chainsaw. I’m not sure what the “issue” was with it before but I couldn’t find so much as a grain if dust anywhere on this thing. It showed absolutely no signs of ever being used. Now I’m a Stihl guy (no offence all you huskies out there) but I was in the market for a little lightweight firewood/limbing saw and I know Echo makes good stuff.

My question is does anybody have any feedback, good or bad, about this saw or does anyone have one themselves? Also, as crazy as this might sound is there a muffler mod for this saw just to give it a little extra kick?

I tried to do a search but for some reason the search box isn’t popping up when I click on it. It’s probably my near death computer screwing up somehow.

Thanks for any info….

just what I have heard

I have read somewhere that the cs-370 is supposed to be a really good little saw. I have not tried one, but rumor has it, you know. I also have seen reconditioned equipment at the boxes and considered going after them, but usually don't have the money on hand. I also don't want to catch hell when I go to buy drawer handles and come home with a new saw, and no handles.

About the search feature, try looking a bit further down. Look for the scrambled code box (if you aren't logged in).

I setup 2 new ones for the company my dad works for.

Both fired right up out of the box, ran great too.

Could be an "O-RING FAILURE" as the reason it was returned.

Husband brought it home, Wife blew an O-Ring, and he had to take it back.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Great saws, they dotn gush oil everywhere, they are lightweight, and cant beat 200 bucks.

Ive got a CS-520 and I used it today, ran great, fired right up and after cranking it, it ran for 30 minutes non-stop, I never had to blip the throttle before a cut ,or baby the throttle to keep it running, like with some less capable saws sold at Home Depot.

Enjoy it, ignore the haters who will undoubtedly tell you that its a waste of money...they are just jealous that you got a lightweight saw rated for 300 hours for 2 benji's.

Cs-370

I'm curious about this little Echo myself. I've heard that it's a good runner, however, at 10lbs...it sounds as though it may be a little heavy in regards to its competitors. In all honesty, the weight in this saw is no big deal. Anybody who has feedback on this model...I'd be interested in hearing it myself. Thanks!

I have had one for about a year now and like it. The new clean air filter system is great, puts out plenty of chain oil when running and none when shut off. Power is respecable and Anti vibe is first rate. It has become my favorite limbing saw.

I have had one for about a year now and like it. The new clean air filter system is great, puts out plenty of chain oil when running and none when shut off. Power is respecable and Anti vibe is first rate. It has become my favorite limbing saw.

Butch, it sounds like you like it. There are more than a couple of saws out there from Stihl, Husky, etc..that are in the same class as this saw...if you've run any of the others...how does it compare all around? How does it feel in the hands? I think I'll make a point of visiting the local Echo dealer to have a look at them, for now I'm just curious though?

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

If someone has one that they can bring to the GTG at ericjeeper's place later this year (I am assuming he's still planning on hosting one...), I'd really like to give it a try. We're going to be doing a 30-45cc saw comparison, so it would be interesting to add this saw into the mix.

Hey guys,
Got a question for ya. The wife & I went to Home depot tonight to get some paint for a project I have going on and being a landscaper I never leave the Depot without looking in the garden and outdoor power equipment centers for any deals. Well they had an Echo cs370 “reconditioned” for $200.00. Now usually I’m weary on any reconditioned power equipment, especially from a box store but last fall I bought a display model Coleman 2750psi power washer for $150.00 from Lowes that couldn’t work better. I decided what the hell and got the chainsaw. I’m not sure what the “issue” was with it before but I couldn’t find so much as a grain if dust anywhere on this thing. It showed absolutely no signs of ever being used. Now I’m a Stihl guy (no offence all you huskies out there) but I was in the market for a little lightweight firewood/limbing saw and I know Echo makes good stuff.

My question is does anybody have any feedback, good or bad, about this saw or does anyone have one themselves? Also, as crazy as this might sound is there a muffler mod for this saw just to give it a little extra kick?

I tried to do a search but for some reason the search box isn’t popping up when I click on it. It’s probably my near death computer screwing up somehow.

Thanks for any info….

Spend $70.00 more and get a brand new STIHL MS210 which has more power than the used echo which does not have a warranty anymore.

Plus, you are a Stihl man.........right....

Butch, it sounds like you like it. There are more than a couple of saws out there from Stihl, Husky, etc..that are in the same class as this saw...if you've run any of the others...how does it compare all around? How does it feel in the hands? I think I'll make a point of visiting the local Echo dealer to have a look at them, for now I'm just curious though?

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Good luck with that,

There is so much blind Loyalty on this site it's staggering. I can see that at least one person has already said that he should have spent nearly 50% MORE and bought a Stihl...:dizzy:

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Well, we have a 210 Stihl and a 2050 Poulan which are more or less intended for the same use ( I think?) along with several older saws that are of course heavier and vibrate more.
All are equipped with Carton N1C chain and if sunk into a bar length log the cheapo 2050 is a mile ahead of the other two for speed and the 210 edges out the 370. For what I use such saws for, minus 4"-5" limbs there is no difference in speed worthy of speaking about. Comfort is where the 370 shines over the other two. I like to run all of my saws including the old heavy vibrators but when I am not in the mood for messing around and just want to get a load of wood cut I take 370 to trim limbs, and the 036 and 660 to fill the truck. I guess that says enough?

Well for all those interested I took my 370 for a “spin around the block” today and even though I went into today with the feeling that I was going to be let down, I have to admit I was very impressed. Now guys please understand that I didn’t buy this saw to go make money with. I needed a good saw for trimming and firewood cutting and as I stated before even though I am a Stihl guy my first choice for what I’m using it for would have been the 260pro at over double what I paid for this 370. Hell this little saw was actually cutting through 18” hardwood from some mature oaks I dropped this spring. I will admit I’m not really a big fan of the stock bar and chain it comes with and plan on getting a good combo pack from Oregon in the future but all in all I’m very pleased with it’s performance today. Is it worth the $269.99 price tag most are asking, I’m not sure but I’m also very cheap and always look for a deal but for the $200.00 I paid, I feel pretty good about. Plus I already registered it online and got a 5-year warrantee on it. If I can get 5 years out of a $200.00 saw then life is good…

Well for all those interested I took my 370 for a “spin around the block” today and even though I went into today with the feeling that I was going to be let down, I have to admit I was very impressed. Now guys please understand that I didn’t buy this saw to go make money with. I needed a good saw for trimming and firewood cutting and as I stated before even though I am a Stihl guy my first choice for what I’m using it for would have been the 260pro at over double what I paid for this 370. Hell this little saw was actually cutting through 18” hardwood from some mature oaks I dropped this spring. I will admit I’m not really a big fan of the stock bar and chain it comes with and plan on getting a good combo pack from Oregon in the future but all in all I’m very pleased with it’s performance today. Is it worth the $269.99 price tag most are asking, I’m not sure but I’m also very cheap and always look for a deal but for the $200.00 I paid, I feel pretty good about. Plus I already registered it online and got a 5-year warrantee on it. If I can get 5 years out of a $200.00 saw then life is good…

Thats right folks, a 5 year residential warranty...thats 3 full years LONGER than Stihl will give you.

Echo stands behind its equipment, 300 hr emmissions rating, 5 year warranty, prices equal or less than Stihl....What's not to love?

270 is a good fair price NEW, considering the warranty.

Here's the truth. The small pruning type echos are gutless, vibrating sh*tters compared to their stihl/husky counterparts. Anyone telling me otherwise is wasting their breath. The brands are light-years apart in quality and power

Well, jealous is nonsense. Hate is a strong word, totally unimpressed is the better description..

Congrats JP...you seem satisfied...that's what counts! Please provide a long term update once you've had it for awhile.

Last edited:
I have a CS 370 that I have for sale on the saw forum.I really like it ,it is a good saw,but for my uses,My 346xp will handle the limbing work.I think echo makes a good product,and has a good warrenty,but a bit heavy,that is probably due to its rugged construction.I wish thay would advertise HP figures.Even for the sake of arguement only.Dealer support in my area is good, and I have a Echo trimmer that is muffler modded and get the crap used out of it in my yard,and it is like a timex,takes a licken,keeps on ticken.:biggrinbounce2:

It's all in user expectations and feeling good about what you have.

I'm brand loyal as far as I really like Husqvarna saws ALOT, but on the same note I also have 2 660 Echo's that are fun little saws and cut like crazy.

I like CHAINSAWS and if presented with a deal on an Echo of any size that struck my fancy at the time would I buy it? YOUBETCHA !!!!!!!

You have to remember that on this site, ANYTIME that you ask for an opinion on a saw there will be the "You shoulda bought this, this one is lighter, this one is prettier............." it's in the FAQ and user agreement, look it up!

Chuck

Last edited:
............." it's in the FAQ and user agreement, look it up!

Dang it Chuck I just spit a mouthfull of diet Dew all over my keyboard and screen.:clap:

Latest posts

Back