• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Echo cs400 and cs4600 parts saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
These came to me mixed in with some others. I only gave them a real quick look over.
The cs400 is scored. The air cleaner stud stripped out and fed brass shavings into the motor. Other than that it seems complete.
The cs600 has a no rope, broken rear handle, missing clutch cover and the clutch is rusted to the drum. And the drum is rusted to the crank. It does look good through the plug hole, and feels like it has good compression when turning the clutch.

I don't know if either are worth fixing, but there should be a lot of good donor parts on them.

Don't know how to price them. So I'm going to start at $100 and shipping for the pair. But I'm open to offers if I'm out of line.

Steven

IMG_20170217_103455318.jpg IMG_20170217_103503728.jpg IMG_20170217_103517971_HDR.jpg

Looked at the cs 460 more. I decided to put a rope in it and just for grins checked the fuel tank. It was bone dry and didn't smell like varnish. So I figured what the heck. I gased it up, sprayed a little pb blaster on the frozen clutch. Proceeded to rope it over. It popped on the 4th pull and was running on the 5th. Sounds real good idled and reved fine. Shut it off and looked at the clutch. Both it and the drum broke free. They spin pretty good all things considered. I would definitely pull them and clean them up before use, but they feel usable.

Steven

What do you want for the 4600? Honestly I just need the ignition for my friends saw, but perhaps just an entire parts saw would be up his alley

Latest posts

Back