echo-cs5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AddisonEcho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an Echo cs-5000 that is perplexing me. I replaced the drum, clutch, and rim gear, put on a new chain and bar. Now it seems to run ok without being under load, but when I try to cut with it the chain slows down and will barely cut. I did the clutch because one spring was twisting. The clutch I got was an updated clutch that was too wide for the drum and the chain was always engaged. I found an original clutch and drum and installed them. That fixed the chain moving problem but the no cutting problem remained. The only other thing I did was to adjust the idle after I installed the first clutch and re-adjusted the idle after I installed the second clutch. The chainsaw was working perfectly before I replaced the clutch. I just purchased an Echo cs-620pw so I have a saw to use but would like to fix the cs-5000 for a back-up. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also could anyone recommend a saw repair shop in the Jackson Mi. area?

Could have an unrelated engine issue or the clearance Distance between outside of clutch dia and inside sprocket dia is too great to allow clutch to fully contact sprocket (one of or both of those parts may be wrong) other could be you don’t have chain on rim if a rim type sprocket)
pics help too

Back