Echo cs590 Timberwolve carb adjustment screws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYWoodsman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I removed the little adjustment blockers like I do on all my saws, but the carb has slotted heads on the a/f screws and doing any adjustments on a running saw is almost impossible with a slotted screwdriver. I've been looking for a tool everywhere that will slip onto these adjustment screws but can't seem to find one. Can anyone steer me to somewhere I can find one. I love tuning my saws as much as I like keeping my chains sharp

Don't expect to get much adjustment on the H screw, I read on here that the H is merely for fine tuning and won't make much difference after 1 turn out like you might do with a modified muffler..these saws will usually run with the H screw bottomed out due to a fixed jet in the carb. I tried it on a customers saw and it was right..

Once the limiters have been removed even after putting them back on it can be a pain to get the screwdriver to line up with the slots on the jets. I ended up not only cutting the tabs but opening the hole up where the slots are in the limiter caps so the screwdriver passed through and allowed me to use the slots on the jets easier. Basically just using the limiter caps as a guide if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back