Echo CS8000 checking over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
Here is my newest Echo. Now i want to know what can i do to it? so i started checking it over and found the spark screen was almost clogged shut with carbon. Well after i took the screen out i changed the spark plug and then check for spark with my spark tester it had a really nice blue spark.

well after that i checked thfuelle lines the one in the tank was good but the one that came from the tank to the carb was split so i changed it out. while i was in the carb box i went a head and cleaned the carb real good.

Then i started looking for a fuel cap well i found one that would work with a little modifying done to it and then i put gas in it and it fire right up with 3 pulls on choke. i let it run for a minute and then checked everything made sure they was no leaks in the fuel lines or anything. then i let it set

So i'll let the pictures tell you more about it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i have a nice spot on my shelf if you ever get tired of it:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

i have a nice spot on my shelf if you ever get tired of it:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

LMAO if i get tired of it i will give you a holler. But i don't think i'm going to get tired of anytime soon.

They run great stock and will surprise you stock with muffler mod. Just wish they didnt weigh as much as the 660. :msp_mad:

I'm planing on doing a muffler mod to it when i get a torch to braze it back together.

i will when i get a torch on tuesday. which reminds me what kind of torch do i need to get so i can braze the muffler back together with?

Sorry for bringing a old thread like this back up. But i figure you all would like to see what i've done to my Echo Cs8000

Here's the update on my echo CS8000

i done a muffler mod on it and retuned the carb little. Then put a 30 inch Husky mount carlton sprocket tip bar and chain on it. Now only thing i have left to put on is a clutch spring when it gets here.

Here are some pictures of the saw with the 30 inch bar and chain.

259981d1351553993-echo-cs8000-001-jpg

259982d1351553996-echo-cs8000-003-jpg

259983d1351553999-echo-cs8000-002-jpg

Back