Echo CST-610EVL Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Hazeltine

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted, but I recently acquired a beautiful old CST-610EVL. I've done a partial tear down and checked compression. Pulling well over 120psi in both cylinders, nice and clear exhaust and clean barrels. It will pop a few times but I can't seem to keep it running more than a few seconds. Has anyone had luck with a newer carb swap? Finding an old HDA-7 is proving very difficult.

New fuel lines and filter. I think I'm going to do a full tear down and rebuild from the case up just to be sure.
Was mainly asking to see if anyone else had attempted it.

I’m with him. Just build the carb you have. It’s easy. Also, I replaced a case half on one recently and the case halves just slid off the crank. Was awesome! No splitter required.

I have one, never seen a reason to swap, just rebuilt the original. Most HDA's are good carbs. If its in the shape you say, just put crank seals in it and rebuild the carb.
I am with Mark on this also the HDA is a very good carb and used on many of the Echos saws. I do recommend you get a Walbro OEM kit and not one of the cheaper chinese clone kits that they say will fit the HDA, I have found the wrong diaphragms, and gaskets in the chinese kits. the A, D, and C versions of the Walbro HD series all take slightly different packages.

Back