Echo cts610evl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, echo is to the chainsaw market the same as Toyota and Honda is to the car market. Well engineered, well built products designed to last but not overly fancy. Especially the older saws. Show me another brand of saw at age 30 or 40 that retains the same fit and finish.

They may be collectible to some, as it is one of very few twin cylinder chainsaw models - but who really collects Echo saws?

ArboristSite should have a dislike button.

There was a guy here on AS who lived in Japan, hasn't been active in a long time. He has/had some pretty cool Echos saws and other products.

At best a pure collectors item, as the cylinders came with very bad and gutless porting. Mastermind once tried to improve one of them (long thread here), but I don't think it went very well....

Sometimes I am not really sure if we live on the same planet...
This is a mid 80s 60 cc saw and does actually work very nicely and with hardly any vibrations. I did take Husqvarna another 30 years to produce something comparable...

A clip of one of mine...

They may not be a saw for everyday use now, but are certainly a joy to run - and the porting is good enough for me.

Looks like it is doing a good job to me.....and doesn't put your hands to sleep:cheers:. Seam, is Echo the predominant saw in Japan or are there imports ?

Sometimes I am not really sure if we live on the same planet...
This is a mid 80s 60 cc saw and does actually work very nicely and with hardly any vibrations. I did take Husqvarna another 30 years to produce something comparable...

A clip of one of mine...

They may not be a saw for everyday use now, but are certainly a joy to run - and the porting is good enough for me.

Sawtroll lives far, far away, in the Antiecho Galaxy :laughing:.

Hi, Niko :hi:!

They may be collectible to some, as it is one of very few twin cylinder chainsaw models - but who really collects Echo saws?

I do, and also collected a few Echo twins. At the moment four CST 610 EVL and two CST 600 EVL.

five of them.

Ex Belgian Army

Oldest.

Favorite worksaw CS 4500

Greetings from Holland
Jos.

Back