Echo horsepower -from Yamabiko

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Husky 562 can be easily muff'modded, and there's a lot of gains there. The Stihl 362's mufflers are empty cans I think, so there's not so much gains. But my 1st 562 was a beast after a muff'mod :rock2:

A Husky 562 can be easily muff'modded, and there's a lot of gains there. The Stihl 362's mufflers are empty cans I think, so there's not so much gains. But my 1st 562 was a beast after a muff'mod :rock2:

Hey friend, I realize the Husky can also be MM'd. My point was that not many saws are as stuffed up from the factory as the Echo's. Probably gains more than most with a simple MM.

Hey friend, I realize the Husky can also be MM'd. My point was that not many saws are as stuffed up from the factory as the Echo's. Probably gains more than most with a simple MM.

Trust me, the 562 is! This thing is full of crap, the intake of the internal baffle is really small, and there's just a brass tube who goes to the exhaust outlet.

Trust me, the 562 is! This thing is full of crap, the intake of the internal baffle is really small, and there's just a brass tube who goes to the exhaust outlet.

There are a lot of people who would be interested in seeing a vid showing the performance gains...stock vs. MM'd.

562 xp msrp starting at $739.95 and can run a bar up to 24" per manufacturer site. 4.7 advertised hp

cs-600P msrp starting at $559.99 and can run up to a 27" bar per manufacturer site. 4.1 hp as discussed here.

So for $180 less, I'm giving up a whopping .6 hp..

I bet if equipped with same chain, cutting same size rounds, would be pretty damn close.

I'll stick with my Echo thank you.

And yes, my only comparison I have is against 460s because no one I know has any need to shell out the extra $$$ for the 562.
And ya cant beat 5 years of waranty.

Unlike other brands ya gotta but oil and crap to get extra waranty[emoji6]

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

hey, it was hard enough trying to find two stock vids.

I don't know anyone that has both in stock form, but the winner of the comparison would be the husky every time. It wouldn't even be worth doing as everyone and their dog would know the answer before doing it. The Echo's are basically detuned from the factory with large squish areas to keep compression low. They have huge modding potential, but that in itself is a criticism of the product they put out. Bottom ends must last forever though LOL!

I should get to work. My buddy dropped off his echo top handle for me to fix again. I think he buggers it up on purpose because I usually lend him a beater 200T while I work on it. :laugh::laugh:

Maybe, but maybe the Echo would last twice as long (or more) as the Husky...

HP... Power...

167 HP Toyota Hilux vs. 200 HP Chevrolet S10 drag race, and i can't see the power difference.

I only read the first page and last page but why isn't there any torque specs on saws? Everyone always talks horsepower and high rpms. Running a big Stihl or old slower rpm homelite with torque is fun. Something you can lean on and force to cut that doesn't bog down and lower rpm much. The majority of cutting time is bucking logs. Doesn't high revving husqvarnas bog down and lose rpms if your not used to running one the special way they need to be treated.;) I will admit I'm just pushing peoples buttons and I limbed a tree with a husky i think it was 42xp or special but was awesome and bucked with 372xp that belonged to friend and really enjoyed the experience with those saws. I like all brands and if a saw has a little less hp and cuts a second or 2 slower and wieghts a few ounces more but cost half the price as other brands who cares? Cutting wood is not a race for most people.

I've run my bone stock 600p with a 24" bar against 2 different 460 huskys. 1 running a 24" and 1 a 20". Same chains, fuel, wood type/diameter, etc. The echo cut faster, and ran smoother. Even my husky owning friend admitted it. Just like hp ratings on cars at the wheel vs at the flywheel. And my oiler is more reliable as well... :msp_thumbsup:
But, the brand comparison will always be just like cars, some people thing theirs is the best, and yours is junk just based on the make, and absolutely zero evidence.
I've run Stihls professionally, Huskys quite a bit as well, but choose Echo for my use because they work for me. Personal preference. period.
I'm sure this will spark troll's ire, and I couldn't care less. :rock:
Makes sense to me. My 360t is not a piss revin machine, but it will pull full bar and not stall easy vs lots of 201turds

Latest posts

Back