Echo horsepower -from Yamabiko

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two new in the box Echos here waiting in line for port work.

Anyone can tilt the table or put on blinders but these new Echos are fine machines. The 600P is a great saw and responds to mods very well.

I'm yet to look under the 355s covers but it sure looks good sitting here.

I really don't get the brand bashing......especially from those that have never used a certain saw. I always say that the slowest saw in the wood lot will still out work most men.

Last edited:

Anyone can tilt the table or put on blinders but these new Echos are fine machines. The 660P is a great saw and responds to mods very well.

I really don't get the brand bashing......especially from those that have never used a certain saw. I always say that the slowest saw in the wood lot will still out work most men.

Well said rep locked but will rep soon!:msp_smile:

Anyone can tilt the table or put on blinders but these new Echos are fine machines. The 600P is a great saw and responds to mods very well.

I know of one Echo from the eighties that's in many pieces that your are working on now. I wonder what one it is????

I find there is a strong similarity between chain saw brand loyalty and politics. In both cases people believe that because others do not share the same set of narrow views that they must be completely wrong, though they do not typically have any real world experience with the subject. Most of their "experience" comes from what others pass on to them or from very limited research that can be utilized to confirm their preconceived notions.

I own many brands of saws (including several Echos) and each has its place. To discount a product based on what others have told you or what you may have read on the internet is only cheating yourself and revealing how shallow you are. If you have experience with a product, post it up, if you are only relaying drivel from another source keep it to yourself.

I find there is a strong similarity between chain saw brand loyalty and politics. In both cases people believe that because others do not share the same set of narrow views that they must be completely wrong, though they do not typically have any real world experience with the subject. Most of their "experience" comes from what others pass on to them or from very limited research that can be utilized to confirm their preconceived notions.

I own many brands of saws (including several Echos) and each has its place. To discount a product based on what others have told you or what you may have read on the internet is only cheating yourself and revealing how shallow you are. If you have experience with a product, post it up, if you are only relaying drivel from another source keep it to yourself.

Also very well said. Shallow I like that word.

Hey Randy, can you measure squish and compression and let us know what the factory numbers are before you get to work on them please?

On a Quarter mile my Echo will take any husky by 4 saw lengths :poke:

That being said, neither would put up titles to run against any of my old Homelites with nitrous. :laugh::laugh:

On a Quarter mile my Echo will take any husky by 4 saw lengths :poke:

That being said, neither would put up titles to run against any of my old Homelites with nitrous. :laugh::laugh:
I never tried running a chainsaw while on nitrous - probably funny as heck. For a little while......

562 xp msrp starting at $739.95 and can run a bar up to 24" per manufacturer site. 4.7 advertised hp

cs-600P msrp starting at $559.99 and can run up to a 27" bar per manufacturer site. 4.1 hp as discussed here.

So for $180 less, I'm giving up a whopping .6 hp..

I bet if equipped with same chain, cutting same size rounds, would be pretty damn close.

I'll stick with my Echo thank you.

And yes, my only comparison I have is against 460s because no one I know has any need to shell out the extra $$$ for the 562.

A few minutes spent on the muff and re-tune and the Echo owner gives up virtually nothing in the cut. The only thing given up is the high cost.

Latest posts

Back