Echo horsepower -from Yamabiko

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the husky would win every single time. Not a soul would debate that without even trying having to try it.

The echo is cheaper. I guess that's good!

The Husky might win but it would be close in the same wood, the Husky in the vids above was cutting marshmellow wood and tjhe Echo hard wood. WHY do you post crap like that, next time side by side same chain, same wood. Steve

No, the specs could be found a little here and there, if you really wanted to find them - but of course the Echo fans didn't want to do that. Actually it is obvious from how the Echo saws are built and ported that they can't put out much power, so we didn't really need the specs.

The brand either doesn't have a clue to how it should be done, or they just disrespect their costumers (and dealers) enough to not care. Clamshell style engines on saws that are claimed to be pro saws is another exemple - totally unacceptable, but they have fooled a few AS members by it! :taped:

Those clamshell engines are claimed pro cuz you can't kill them except running lean like any pro saw.. How would you kmow how Echo saws are ported as you've never ran one. The quality of thier P@C are as good or better that any pro saw and porting is real nice. The only problem they have is a choked up muff and come tuned lean which is a 20 minute fix. Steve

Ha Ha ;

thanks for the comments, I got the KW factor from the internet, and it has to be right since its on the internets, right?

Why doesn't Echo just recognize that people are looking at the power and do the right thing and give us more power? I'm sure their engineers could easily do that??

Would you build your business base on flavor of the week flip floppers or a brand loyal guys? They honestly don't care about what people think about specs they care people like their saws and usually buy more than one echo product.

Ha Ha ;

thanks for the comments, I got the KW factor from the internet, and it has to be right since its on the internets, right?

Why doesn't Echo just recognize that people are looking at the power and do the right thing and give us more power? I'm sure their engineers could easily do that??

What Echo saw are you running? If it's not making good power it's not tuned right. I've got Echo saws off Ebay that cut like crap, after tuning, muff modd and a clean air filter they cut great . Steve

Last edited:
What Echo saw are you running? If it's not making good power it's not tuned right. Steve

Hi;

That's the point, I run a cs-370 and cs-670 and I AM very happy with both of them, so I wanted to know exactly were they stand on paper.

I do know how to tune a saw and I am not really that concerned about getting the last drop of power out of it, I just want good performance for the dollar and reliable for a long time. I think this is Echos' approach.

I'm not a production cutter, and I don't care if getting my firewood cut takes a little longer over a whole day, I waste more time sitting on my butt catching my breath anyway.

I personally think the rating methods each company is using is proprietary, so only a third party like the german kwf online org. could be impartial and give the best testing for any brand.

they have both done dandy 600P's. Tons of modding potential there. As stated though, price difference is 180 bucks, so no ya couldn't port a 600 and come out ahead. I agree it;s not apples to apples - the husky is strato, AT, lighter weight and does not require mods to perform. It's just not a fair fight :)

You sure about that price difference? Around here that diff is almost $300, and though Husqvarnas are cheaper than Stihls in the US, the Echos can be found for even less.

You sure about that price difference? Around here that diff is almost $300, and though Husqvarnas are cheaper than Stihls in the US, the Echos can be found for even less.

I was using the prices echoshawn had posted. In Canada, it's a whole other ball game with Husky pricing as we both know. I was just having fun arguing. However, knowing what I know now about US Husky prices and the way the dollar sits, I would probably call up one of our US H dealers and have em mail me a saw. Or, failing that get a US member to buy the saw and send it up. I did price out the new echo's a year or more ago when an ATV dealer started stocking them. I think it was a Yamaha dealer. I don't remember exact prices but I recall thinking at the time that they were close to comparable Stihl models.

No, the specs could be found a little here and there, if you really wanted to find them - but of course the Echo fans didn't want to do that. Actually it is obvious from how the Echo saws are built and ported that they can't put out much power, so we didn't really need the specs.

The brand either doesn't have a clue to how it should be done, or they just disrespect their costumers (and dealers) enough to not care. Clamshell style engines on saws that are claimed to be pro saws is another exemple - totally unacceptable, but they have fooled a few AS members by it! :taped:

You really need to get some hands on experience.

:clap: yep i love my sthil ms361,and my echo cs301 top handle,and my old echo 452vl,i never had a husky,and i sure there as good also,i would like to try one also............if it runs,and cuts logs,iam in......i love all chainsaws,but cant afford all them:dizzy:
x2!!! my first new saw was a echo cs370 its worked pretty good, my buddy has sthil's but he ran mine and was suprized
how good it cut for a little saw. I have used it alot and it has worked well. if I used my saw more I would get a pro saw, sthil, husky, echo, dolmar.....ect ect ... for now i got a few old saws and the echo. no brand battles here, I still make more chainsaw "burnouts" (bar oil strips on the ground) :smile2: and re cut up trees in my burn pile than i do hard core cutting, later cobey:smile2:

at 1 time i had the 600p and a ms 361,, i run them in the same wood,, both with only mm,, both run almost the same time,, i think the 600p was 1 second slower,, but needless to say i sold both and bought a huskie:D:D

Prices I posted were directly from the manufacturer's websites for the US.. Echo shows MSRP range of $559-$589, depending on bar length, Husky only showed a starting price of $739. What dealers are actually charging will vary I'm sure.

I know what the best saw in the world is... The one you feel comfortable with and enjoy running.

It'd sure be nice to have any thread with the word Echo in it that doesn't include more drivel from troll and his minions. :chatter::bang:

Prices I posted were directly from the manufacturer's websites for the US.. Echo shows MSRP range of $559-$589, depending on bar length, Husky only showed a starting price of $739. What dealers are actually charging will vary I'm sure.

I know what the best saw in the world is... The one you feel comfortable with and enjoy running.

It'd sure be nice to have any thread with the word Echo in it that doesn't include more drivel from troll and his minions. :chatter::bang:

Bang on with that there comment. Rep for you!

Is it possible that Echo detunes & restricts their chainsaws in order to reach an EPA emissions "balance" with their bread & butter products, namely string trimmers & blowers?

As for Echo chainsaw prices.........unless I was really wanting/needing the warranty I would never pay dealer retail for an Echo chainsaw. With some careful shopping NIB Echo chainsaws can be found for significantly less than retail.

I wouldn't turn a 600P or a 562 for the right price ;).

I stopped by a couple of local dealers last week. One had switched from a Husqvarna stocking dealer to Stihl. The other had dropped Husqvarna and kept their Echos. I qestioned why, and was told that much of the Husky lineup(particularly the smaller saws) are rated at meeting emissions for 50 hours vs Echo's 300 hours. THAT may well be why the Echos are detuned. BTW the Echos 50cc+ are metal cased. I don't recall if the 45cc is, but the 40cc and smaller are plastic, although the 370 and 400 have aluminum handles:) (some 026s and 260s were plastic). The CS600 they had on the shelf had the 24" bar on it, and it appeared to be well built.

Latest posts

Back