Echo PB-251 blower won't hit max RPM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I realize it's off-topic but it is a 2-cycle engine and the issue may pertain to saws. I'm working on an Echo PB-251. It has one of the rotary carbs I hate if they don't run well - no standard high-low-idle settings. The issue is this. The max RPMs I can get is about 55-5600, spec says should do 7000 or so. If I obstruct the blower tube, RPMs do go up to 7-8000. The arrestor screen is spotless but it does have a cat in the muffler.
I'd appreciate any suggestions about what might get me the missing 1500 RPMs. Thanks!

does it have blower tubes on when testing? Will get lower rpm will tubes off. have U adjusted carb?

Exhaust port plugged?
if not, you may have a carb issue

Yes, ditch the arrestor screen.... But Chk the muffler... I have 2 older ones -(PB251) and they were very heavily restricted, like amazing they even turn over. After serious gut job, and retune, at least mine were tuned into oem factory specs in RPM, hi/lo etc... they are over 8 yrs old and still fire up on 1st/2nd pull every time, cold/hot doesn't matter, every single time.

Back