echo srm210 doesn't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello I have a echo srm210 that is bogging down badly when it warms up . I put a new carburator air filter spark plug and fuel filter on it already . Thanks

Pull the muffler and check spark arrestor screen and exhaust port. If new carb has a high speed adj. screw (most Echoes do), try adjusting it!

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I already checked the muffler and arrestor I'm not exactly sure if this carb is adjustable it is a jama rb-k66b it sounds a lot as it was starving for fuel if I choke it it will Rev up a little bit and then die . Could the fuel tank grommet for the fuel lines not being sealed off cause that

Fuel tank grommet has no effect on running--only holding fuel in tank. Are you sure you did not get fuel lines switched? The high speed adj. screw is just below the primmer bulb--may have a plastic plug covering it. Use small drill bit and very carefully (not much pressure) to remove plug, then takes very small flat blade screwdriver--eyeglass type screwdriver.

I'm currently working on an Echo SRM 280 with the same problem--will let you know in a few days if I've found problem--waiting on new carb!

Well I adjusted the high speed screw it ran good for a while but now the primer bulb doesn't work . It pushes gas through but then it doesn't come back out what causes that ? Very frustrated with this thing right now .

info

Attachments

• echo service data SRM210211.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
  • service data SRM 210 211.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 11
carb adjustment

Attachments

• srm 210 carb adjustment rb75 with gray plastic.pdf
    402.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the info . But I didn't find anything about the primer bulb . This is a new carb and can't figure out what is causing that . Wot is about 8100 rpm and sounds good at idle .

Last time that I had a primer bulb not return, it was a plugged filter screen inside the carb!

Ok . I'll check that all out . I had thought about the screen but I figured since the carb was new it would be ok .

I'm just curious now but can the oil I use make any difference on its running? . I'm using stens synthetic brand right now .I hadn't noticed any difference in my chainsaws yet but want to make sure I'm not burning them up with that oil. Thanks .

I'm just curious now but can the oil I use make any difference on its running? . I'm using stens synthetic brand right now .I hadn't noticed any difference in my chainsaws yet but want to make sure I'm not burning them up with that oil. Thanks .
Have not used the Stens oil, but it's probably fine. Some folks on another forum argue that they've run the cheapest 2-stoke oils for years with good results!

Well the primer bulb is working now but now it's not idling if I keep it at wot it runs but as soon as I release the trigger it dies .

I also forgot to say that I adjusted the carburator and just can't get it to idle .

Yes I still have it and I can put it back on . The new carburator seemed to help for a little bit but now it's almost as bad as the old one .

Latest posts

Back