echo srm210 doesn't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Hello I have a echo srm210 that is bogging down badly when it warms up . I put a new carburator air filter spark plug and fuel filter on it already . Thanks

GlynnC

GlynnC

ArboristSite Operative
Pull the muffler and check spark arrestor screen and exhaust port. If new carb has a high speed adj. screw (most Echoes do), try adjusting it!

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
I'm sorry I forgot to mention I already checked the muffler and arrestor I'm not exactly sure if this carb is adjustable it is a jama rb-k66b it sounds a lot as it was starving for fuel if I choke it it will Rev up a little bit and then die . Could the fuel tank grommet for the fuel lines not being sealed off cause that

GlynnC

GlynnC

ArboristSite Operative
Fuel tank grommet has no effect on running--only holding fuel in tank. Are you sure you did not get fuel lines switched? The high speed adj. screw is just below the primmer bulb--may have a plastic plug covering it. Use small drill bit and very carefully (not much pressure) to remove plug, then takes very small flat blade screwdriver--eyeglass type screwdriver.

I'm currently working on an Echo SRM 280 with the same problem--will let you know in a few days if I've found problem--waiting on new carb!

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Well I adjusted the high speed screw it ran good for a while but now the primer bulb doesn't work . It pushes gas through but then it doesn't come back out what causes that ? Very frustrated with this thing right now .

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for the info . But I didn't find anything about the primer bulb . This is a new carb and can't figure out what is causing that . Wot is about 8100 rpm and sounds good at idle .

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
I'm just curious now but can the oil I use make any difference on its running? . I'm using stens synthetic brand right now .I hadn't noticed any difference in my chainsaws yet but want to make sure I'm not burning them up with that oil. Thanks .

GlynnC

GlynnC

ArboristSite Operative
I'm just curious now but can the oil I use make any difference on its running? . I'm using stens synthetic brand right now .I hadn't noticed any difference in my chainsaws yet but want to make sure I'm not burning them up with that oil. Thanks .
Have not used the Stens oil, but it's probably fine. Some folks on another forum argue that they've run the cheapest 2-stoke oils for years with good results!

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Well the primer bulb is working now but now it's not idling if I keep it at wot it runs but as soon as I release the trigger it dies .

kkemp

kkemp

ArboristSite Operative
Yes I still have it and I can put it back on . The new carburator seemed to help for a little bit but now it's almost as bad as the old one .

Latest posts