echo srm210 doesn't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you should be able to do a pressure test. I haven't done it that way but will search for instructions in the morning. I don't know that a vac or pressure leak is the problem but I would check it if something was giving me major problems.

And this should be able to do a vacuum test:
http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-69328.html. Just wait for a 20% off coupon.

This is harder on a trimmer than a saw. I bought a Husqvarna piece that threads in the spark plug hole and makes it real simple to do these. Some people make one up out of an old spark plug. I ain't that handy. This may not be part of your problem but I can't imagine it would hirt to do at this point.

No I haven't . What would cause it not too have spark when hot .

The coil gets hot with use (heat from the engine and especially all that electrical current flowing through it) and whatever part has degraded/broken expands, losing voltage, causing shorts etc. Once the coil cools down, that same part contracts, effectively "fixing" the problem... until it warms up again.
I've learned this lesson on an old Triumph motorcycle... enough said. ;)

This may be obvious but if you got it to rev up did you adjust idle screw to keep it running???

Well I tried everything with the adjustment screw just can't seem to get it right for some reason .

Does it have that EPA carb that takes the micro d tool?

$_58.JPG

It has a new carb on it . I think it was from China . I can adjust it with a screw driver

Ok look for the idle screw its a phillips screw at end of the throttle cable. Keep it running with the throttle and turn that screw in until it idles on its own.

No results yet . Been busy on other stuff. I've never done a pressure test before so are there any tricks on tips to know about it . I'm going to try to make on when I get time .

Very simple. You need a pressure pump though. If you work on small equipment a Mightyvac 8500 kit is great but not cheap. Take off fuel line and attach pump to fuel inlet. Pump up to 7 psi and the carb must hold 7 psi-no leak down. If it passes then check the bubble side. Use the bubble to pump up the gauge to 10 psi and it must hold. If it leaks down then the carb is faulty. Never seen an Echo that wouldn't run after simple repairs. Stihl on the other hand..... Seen new chinese carbs fail out of the box so don't assume since it's new that it is good.

Ok. Thanks . That's really helpful . An earlier reply said to put the pressure through the spark plug . Will that do the same thing or was that not good advice ?

Good advice but low pressure also-no more than 7 psi and the piston has to be at BOTTOM instead of top dead center. Muffler and carb have to be sealed. I use small pieces of rubber I cut from old rain-mud boots. Place the rubber between the carb and cylinder and tighten same with muffler. Apply pressure and spray soapy water around crank case and crank seals to see leaks. That will test your primary compression. If all that passes look at the piston from the muffler and carb ports or maybe do this first. Any scuffing will lead to problems also. If you see scuffing then maybe a new trimmer is in order.

Ok. Thanks . I bought this trimmer for 5 dollars at a local auction to learn how to repair 2 cycle engines so it's not my primary .

Latest posts

Back