Echo Top Handle Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyon Angler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking for a top-handle saw for climbing and noticed that the Echo saws carry a pretty good warranrty and are quite a bit cheaper than the Stihls.

Don't need much ... this would be for homeowner and possibly occasional side-job use.

Any experienced opinions out there on the Echo CS-330T or CS-341 or CS-360T?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not much good to say about the new 330 and 360. A couple of the local tree service companies (the big ones) bought a couple multi-dozen saw batches of Echos rather than their usual 200t. They have been back in to the shop with alarming frequency, and whatever they saved in cost has been made up for in aggravation.

If you want Echo, look at the old-style (340/3400/etc) if you can find one. They are reliable as gravity and are probably the best choice for the kind of use you have in mind. There are still NIB ones hanging around that can be had for less than $200.

I had an Echo 350T

Was OK for about 3 months.

Then the ole continual adjusting carby crap started and kickback lever fell off, screw undoes, and you have to buy a weirdo socket thingy to get the clutch off. For some strange reason it also shat a lot of bars, the sprockets of the Echo bars would bust. Pay for what you get I suppose.

I think for home-owner use would be OKish but for climbers, nah, give it a miss.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative the dolmar 3410th makes a nice choice also. Not as powerful as the stihl but much cheaper and a better handle design IMHO. Echo makes a nice saw, but the newer top handles do not seem to hold up very long.

If you want Echo, look at the old-style (340/3400/etc) if you can find one. They are reliable as gravity and are probably the best choice for the kind of use you have in mind. There are still NIB ones hanging around that can be had for less than $200.

I have had had good luck with these older echoes 3000,3400,340 but like most stuff these days there cheapening them up and the new models are crap

Not much good to say about the new 330 and 360. A couple of the local tree service companies (the big ones) bought a couple multi-dozen saw batches of Echos rather than their usual 200t. They have been back in to the shop with alarming frequency, and whatever they saved in cost has been made up for in aggravation.

What problems are they having with the 330 and 360 saws? Steve

.....If you want Echo, look at the old-style (340/3400/etc) if you can find one. They are reliable as gravity and are probably the best choice for the kind of use you have in mind. There are still NIB ones hanging around that can be had for less than $200.

Rocky-J's old favourites, I believe - before he saw the light.....:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back